Blw/tlw

tinytoes

Reaction score
At the moment Lily is having a puree with her morning and dinner-time bottles . I really wanted to blw though but with her poor nutrition I cant do it properly so I was thinking maybbe for her lunch time bottle I could give her something small to explore and eat by herself.
Anyone got any ideas for me ? Bearing in mind her high energy formula and purees have to be priority meals . xxxx

I'm doing the same as you for weight issues so for lunch she gets something like brocolli, bits of pasta, nectarines, any fruit really, bits of grated cheese. she didn't eat much for a while, but she is starting to eat it now.

basically anything i have in the fridge that doesn't have salt in it!

Do you just give her bite size chunks and watch her munch away ? Sorry for stupid questions I'm just a bit wary because of her breathing xx

You could try...

Toasted pitta breads with hummous
Cucumber sticks
Cubes of cheese
Grated carrot
Sandwiches..tunam salmon paste, cheese etc etc

I did tw and my lo was about 9months before he actually ate the finger food, i just gave him the odd jar and chunky home made purees which he ate all of, and let him play and explore with the foods listed above.

Thanks thats exactly what I wasnt to achieve with her , I want her to be able to explore and enjoy food . I've bought some tubs and am making yummy homemade purees for her too x

Thanks thats exactly what I wasnt to achieve with her , I want her to be able to explore and enjoy food . I've bought some tubs and am making yummy homemade purees for her too x

Toast was a good hit, he usually sucked it all and threw it on the floor. I fwlt happy knowing he was getting the goodness from my food but still exploring with other foods iykwim.... I was worried at forst cps he want really eating any of it, but like i said took him a good few months and now at 16 months he would rather feed himself! Good luck!

Do you just give her bite size chunks and watch her munch away ? Sorry for stupid questions I'm just a bit wary because of her breathing xx

long fat fingers seem to work best - she has gagged only once before and her eyes went a bit wide but she was fine. toast is indeed a bit hit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back