BLW so far so good

Robyner

Reaction score
I am loving this!
Lo has tried apple, banana, pear, carrot, broccoli, runner bean, courgette, carrot, sprouts, cucumber, pepper, beef goulash, rice and porridge fingers.
Ok some she has just tasted and played with, but quite a few she has chewed and swallowed.
She loves to try and use a loaded spoon too.
It's only day 5, but I think this is going to work.
On day 3 when I was making goulash and rice, I actually thought I must be mad and had a wobble but she sucked for as long as she could hold the beef and could tell she liked the taste.
She grabbed handfuls and rice, judging by her nappy she swallowed some.
The porridge fingers were the best yet.
Salmon and broccoli pasta bake tomorrow :)
Dh and I are loving the meals too!

Hey scotch
Huge congratulation firstly, been following your miracle journey.
So, porridge finger.... 2 tablespoons of porridge oats ( not instant cereal). 2 tablespoons of milk, smush into a bowl with a spoon, microwave for 2 minutes, cut into fingers when warm and leave to cool. Apparently, this is to serve one adult and one baby, but I give CR all of it a finger at a time as a lot goes on the floor just at the moment and besides, I've never been a porridge fan. I grate apple in it and some cinnamon or squish blueberries in it before putting in microwave now.

Also, I know you haven't asked, but will share another porridge recipe, ½ cup of porridge oats, ¼ cup of milk, one egg and one banana and a dash of cinnamon. Blend and make pancakes. I sometimes put blueberries in too. Cut into fingers for baby.

They both sound yummy. I may have to make them for me as "practice" even though he's nowhere near weaning yet!!!

Thank you and thank you for your kind thoughts xxx

The pancakes are really nice, I love them and I also do scotch pancakes with flour rather than oats and add lemon zest and sultanas. So nice xx

Thought I would update my thread, as we have been BLW for 4 months now.
Things have got so much easier in the mess department, spud rarely drops breakfast and lunch and yesterday was the best she had ever eaten her evening meal. I always serve from a bowl onto her tray, a bit at a time, as she swipes it off. Usually we get through half the bowl and lots on floor yesterday she ate the lot and there was no mess! She had chicken, tomatoes, sliced onion, herbs and pasta, a slither of spicy naan and a yoghurt. We give her a loaded spoon to eat her yoghurt.
Going out is easier too, I make pancakes for her to take and fruit.

Wow she's a proper grown up eating all by herself! Makes you think their turning into toddlers!! We are still doing a mixture! Don't think it'll be long before we are doing complete BLW! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back