Blw problems with meat

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
M finds meat really difficult to eat and doesn't really eat it at all. She puts it in her mouth but spits it out and then refuses to eat anymore. The only thing she will really eat well is soft foods like pasta and potato. I don't want to just feed her that! Any ideas of things I can give her?

My LO did this for a while - even if she just sucks it she will get some goodness from it.

Alternatively we find things like sausage casserole were a big hit - slow cooked meat is softer. Or mince - so spaghetti Bol, or chilli. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I either did pieces of chicken thigh or mince( meatballs, spag bol etc)

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I found that Cam got on much better with meat if I cut it up really small

XX

I did homemade meatballs from the blw with pasta (again lol) and she attempted the meatballs several times but kept pushing it out after a few chews. I cut it up small for her and even mashed some to spoon feed but most of it got spat out. I suppose she will eat it eventually!! I just worry she won't get a balanced diet.
Thanks for all the ideas xx

I found that if you use very lean mince,.it will.be quite dry - i prefer to soak some bread and add it to.the mince, that way its tender and easier to chew. Have you tried different types of meat and poultry?
I.found that my son doesnt like pork much but loves chicken and doesnt mind beef.
If you are worried about protein, you can always add pulses to her meal ( or eggs if she isnt allergic)

Yeah I've tried all sorts. I think maybe its the texture of it as its not as soft to break down. I did chicken in a Philly sauce with rice mon night and she wouldn't eat the chicken either.
I did use lean mince tonight but there was egg and breadcrumbs in the recipe and they didn't seem dry to me. It was a recipe from the blw book. She's eaten cottage pie before if I've really minced up the meat part of it but if there's any lumps in it she just spits it out! I def think its the texture she doesn't like. I will just persevere! :) x

How old is your wee one? I found J getting better and better with meat as he gets older. I'd just carry on offering and bolster with other forms of protein and iron like eggs, pulses etc. I worried too at the time but you do see their tastes develop as they get older. The thing that's driving me slightly mad at the moment is his refusal to eat cheese or pasta. I'm hoping he grows out if this too lol.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

We had problems with pasta too and rice. But he doesnt have a problem now.

Meatballs with added bread in the mix are very soft and easy to chew so its fish and fish fingers. Amelie could manage those at 7 m. I chop chicken and lamb etc in bites and she does better like that though she has only 2 teeth lol but she could manage meatballs and fish long before any teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back