BLW help

I do purée and finger food but my SIL did solely BLW and advised cutting up fruit so thinly they can grab but if they swallow its thin enough that they won't choke so with melon and mango etc LO just has thin slices. Yeah I must say I found it uncomfortable at the beginning but now I'm ok just on ninja standby just incase!

Good luck on your next attempt x

I've decided not to try BLW again.
I'm just going to continue with TW.
If he choked I'd never forgive myself and I don't want meal times to be something I dread, I want to enjoy feeding him.
Bloody well done to all the BLW ladies, its something I'd love to do xxx

I am so sorry that stresses you out so much but you don't have to do blw, get it slowly and try him with some finger food at around 7-8 m. A toast finger I think it may be one of the less dangerous. They tend to suck at it rather than cut big pieces. Did you introduce lumps yet? Textured things and eventually lumps are perfect to introduce them to chewing and how to handle finger food later

I've just started to add some very small lumps to his purée. He copes with that quite well xx

I've decided not to try BLW again.
I'm just going to continue with TW.
If he choked I'd never forgive myself and I don't want meal times to be something I dread, I want to enjoy feeding him.
Bloody well done to all the BLW ladies, its something I'd love to do xxx

Same here cosmic. I wish I could have someone come do it for me. I fills me with terror. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to do what you are comfortable with hun. I have to admit gagging is scary and i.had to sit on my hands but we only had couple of episodes in the beginning so wasnt that bad. You can wait a bit and start offering finger foods later but dont leave it too late. Maybe consider giving him a spoon? With youghurt first to try?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I do give him yoghurt and a spoon. He tends to fling most of it but he has always preferred to feed himself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back