Blw help

Mrsstuart01

Reaction score
We are 3 weeks into blw and I just wanted some advice or maybe reassurance!
He has days when he eats next to nothing, sometimes only a few mouthfuls of his meal or days when he screams like its too hard work to chew (like with mince tonight), and will maybe only have 6 or 7 spoonfuls.
I think I just want to ask how long it took before your lo's ate properly and if you had issues with savoury foods, sometimes he won't eat much of hissing course but will have a pear after. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing by giving him fruit so he's had something.
Also he has weetabix for breakfast and I tend to hold the end of the spoon and let him guide it to his mouth. Is this wrong? Does it defeat the purpose of blw? Should I be letting him eat it all with his hands?
Need some advice! Xx

We still have times when G decides she hardly wants any of one meal, but loads of the next. At this age food is just for fun.

The spoon thing is personal preference really. We gave g a loaded spoon really early on, which was very messy, but shes pretty amazing with it now, and can use a loaded fork with brilliant precision.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Could it be a texture thing? My son hates all things mince! It's the texture!
As above-food is just fun for now, persevere, keep offering food, if baby decides they won't eat anything that's their choice and they may simply not be hungry and will eat later. Lots of children prefer fruit as its quite sweet as well but continue offering savoury food too.
I never spoon fed my children, I always supplied a spoon and fork with meals from day one but that's personal preference. So whatever you feel comfortable with. Perhaps give baby a spoon and you have a spoon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back