BLW foods?!

blondy13

Reaction score
I was planning to do a mix of TW and BLW but it seems madam has other ideas- hates being spoon fed but loves feeding herself finger foods. So that's a waste of all my lovingly puréed fruit and veg haha!!
So anyway I have been giving toast/crumpet strips for brekkie, some sort of sandwich for lunch with veggie strips and then for dinner meat/veg whatever we've had the night before.
Have you guys got some ideas of how I can vary things? Also is there any blw foods you can prepare in advance. She is also teething so doesn't like being put down for long!!
Thank you!!

We BLW and I tend to follow a bit of a pattern so I do sometimes worry James gets enough variety??

Brekkie is normally fruit (of some kind - banana and fig has been done for the past few days) and either a weetabix, porridge or toast. I interchange toast with either a savoury muffin, crumpet or bagel

Lunch is normally some kind of sandwich (I vary the type of bread so sometimes its' normal bread, sometimes it's a wrap, sometimes it's pitta) and I also vary the filling. He has beef, tuna, cheese, ham, hummus, avocado. Sometimes with salad, sometimes without. I'll also give him some dried fruit and maybe a baby biscotti. If he has has toast for brekkie I tend to do an omelette for lunch or potato cakes and scrambled eggs.

Dinner is what we have so he has a portion of out leftovers from the night before. Dinner for him is a carb (pasta, new potatoes, rice, cous-cous) and a protein (chicken, tuna, steak, lamb, mince) in whatever sauce and veggies or salad. He has a yoghurt or a fruit smoothie for dessert.

I mix it up in terms of sometimes he'll have a yoghurt with brekkie and fruit after dinner?

There were loads of recipes in the BLW book I meant to try but it's easier for James to have what we have.

A few tricks are M&S microwaveable veg bags (very small bags so perfect size for James) and occasionally I do microwave rice :shock: :shock:

I've never pureed anything - tried broccoli with a handheld blender and it took forever, plus James wouldn't eat it!!

Only thing I have to mash now is banana, oddly he won't eat it unless it's mashed. Other than that he eats everything (he may not eat the whole lot but he'll try everything)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Blondy!! How's little E?

I think Carnatt has given some amazing tips which in going to steal!

Also to add, if you want her to have something like porridge in the morning, I found that if I make it with milk, pour it all into a baking tray and put it in the oven for 20 mins. Then cut them up like flapjacks. Once it's cooled I give her a couple for breakfast along with whatever fruit I've got. They last for a few days too so you can make them for the next 3 days worth of breakfast.

Another quick thing is fingers of French stick with cheese and those left over purées you've already made. Put it under the grill - a really quick and easy lunch. My E loves that the most!

That's all I've got!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back