Bloody typical...

SeonaidMac

Reaction score
Silly thread really but i need a rant...

Hubby works from home.... but i come home every night and cook dinner...

He does this amazing lamb mince pasta dish and i asked him if he could cook it for me today... he'd said yes...

BUT I come home and he's sitting down eating left over risotto... quote hadn't eaten all day got caught up with stuff.... so now he's not hungry... then he's got a bee in his bonnet about mowing the lawn because it's due to rain... that was an hour ago he was to start that and it wouldn't take long... then he'd do dinner... he's still not started the fukin lawn so i'm now having to do dinner myself..

Stupid thing to rant about really but i'm so worn out today i was so looking forward to just coming home and chilling and not having to do anything but... nope... i now have to cook because i have to eat but now i'm not hungry either...

sorry ladies... just but emotional x

Still not sat down to eat... it's still cooking... practically in tears now.... back is killing me from having to stand for so long chopping stuff.... then when i sat down to let it simmer i get... you're meant to keep it moving... FFS.... i nearly threw something at him

Poor u hun . I know it's not really a huge deal, your just having a bad day and the fact men will never know how much pregnancy takes out of us doesn't help.
Often I'd come home from work and be in the same situation :(

Exactly.... hun x

That's me just sitting down to dinner now... :( xx

Oh hun, big hugs. I understand exactly. Sometimes men just don't get it!

Xx

Oh dear! Hope tonight works out better for you. I stood there cooking last night whilst hubby sat watching telly - he eventually offered to help but then kept popping out to check what was happening on the tv, it was easier to cook on my own! Grrr men. x

My OH is getting it now that if I fancy something to eat or say I am hungry I need feeding yesterday or my mood spirals. lol. He was off yesterday and I was in work and fair play he had food all sorted. When I was off sick as I wasn't working I was always cooking and have started to rope him into helping and if I cook he washes up. Once lo is here they will need to pull their fingers out.

Still not sat down to eat... it's still cooking... practically in tears now.... back is killing me from having to stand for so long chopping stuff.... then when i sat down to let it simmer i get... you're meant to keep it moving... FFS.... i nearly threw something at him

looool...this made me laugh.....typical men, they really dont have a clue!

Big hugs huni so hard sometimes isn't it !I definatly think it's a man thing. My hubby bless his cottons last night said don't carry the washing (clean) upstairs and put away il do it...I asked when he wud do it and got a vauge later I then said well I need to basket to bring down the dirty stuff and put another wash on (away for a week next week so wanted everything done and sorted).oh il do that too he said....was proper impressed with him being so considerate and caring... I went to bed later on and washing still in basket bottom ofstairs he had gone in shower but not taken it he forgot! So iI took it up n brought down next lot then put washing on this morn before work... He said sorry lol but wouldv been easier if I'd just done it the first place as I ended up doing it anyway n just later n then didn't have time to put washing away so that's left on bed for when I get home today sigh they Defo mean well they just don't have a clue how important those little things are.

Maybe you should just cook smaller meals just for yourself and tell him that if he wants to eat, he'll have to do something for himself. He'll soon learn surely?

Lol don't tempt me diddle xx
He did apologise but he'll never really understand bless him xx

Big hugs huni so hard sometimes isn't it !I definatly think it's a man thing. My hubby bless his cottons last night said don't carry the washing (clean) upstairs and put away il do it...I asked when he wud do it and got a vauge later I then said well I need to basket to bring down the dirty stuff and put another wash on (away for a week next week so wanted everything done and sorted).oh il do that too he said....was proper impressed with him being so considerate and caring... I went to bed later on and washing still in basket bottom ofstairs he had gone in shower but not taken it he forgot! So iI took it up n brought down next lot then put washing on this morn before work... He said sorry lol but wouldv been easier if I'd just done it the first place as I ended up doing it anyway n just later n then didn't have time to put washing away so that's left on bed for when I get home today sigh they Defo mean well they just don't have a clue how important those little things are.

This kinda thing happens with me and OH all the time. Today we went and got some stuff for baby and he bought it up and left them in the hall way. I asked him to move them out of the way so that i dont trip up over them, and he said of course he'll do it in a minute. Well an hour later, they were still in my way, in the hall way, so i started moving it away and packing it away myself....he saw me doing it. Then after a considerate amount of time later, he said to me why did i do that and he was gonna do it.......hmmmm...couldnt he see me packing it all away. I really do wonder how their little brains work

Saw this quote and had to think of you hun!!!

"While creating men, God promised women that a good and ideal man would be found in all corners of the world, then He made the earth round."

BIG HUGS to you and hope that you got your meal cooked last night..........XXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back