Bloods checked at 38 week mw app?

Vic27

Reaction score
I am booked in for next Thursday when ill be 38 weeks and she said they would take my blood to check my iron levels but I got this checked before at 20 odd weeks and everything was fine is this routine? Just I thought u only got ur bloods checked at booking in and then later on and that was it? X

normally it is checked around 28 weeks as this is the time the babys demands are high and they want to check u are not anemic. i have mine checked every coulle of weeks because it is staying on the low side and they need to make sure ur levels are not to low for labour and it can affect choices during labour if it is. maby if u did not get it checked at 28 weeks they are just being cautious and wanting to check u are not low on iron x

I did get it checked at 28 weeks though and everything was fine just find it a bit strange? I'm quite big although baby is measuring just right I thought it could have been something to do with that but he's seemingly measuring well not too big not too small she said he will b a reasonably sized baby between 7.5 and 8.5lbs she didn't mention that anything was looking bad she said everything looked good and they would check my iron levels next time I didn't think to ask just thought it was normal but then realised I hadn't heard of this unless things were on the low side x

I'd ask her when you see her explain no one you know of has had them as routine at 38weeks and you wondered why you were? X

I had bloods at 34 weeks (just had results) and as they were good levels I don't need anymore. Maybe it's different for every area? My levels have always been good but she said they check them now so they know there won't be concerns at birth. If mine were low they would be checked again. X

Hmmm, it's not routine round here. I had mine checked at 36 weeks again but only cos I had a bleed last time and they are being over precautious.

Definitely just ask. It might be routine in your area to double check before birth.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27