Blood when pooing

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Poor little James has just started to pass proper turds and it obviously hurts him! He really strains to get them out.

Today there was a teeny bit of blood when I wiped?? It is def from his sore little bottyhole and not actually in the poo.

Does he need a Dr???? Or just lots of Sudocrem - and cooled, boiled water to loosen him up a little?

xxxxx

Last edited:
He sounds a bit constipated, check with doc to see if there's anything they can do but it'll be caused from straining so he will need loosening up. Hope they start getting better for him! Xx

Last edited:
If it were Jack or Harry and it's defo not in the poo i'd just monitor very closely for a day or so and like you say plenty of cream and lots of fluids (i'd air his bottom lots too) and see how he goes. If the bleeding gets worse or continues i'd see the doc. The blood is probably just from him having trouble getting it out and his body adjusting to proper poo x

Cheers ladies.

He isn't constipated as such, it's just a change in consistency (sorry TMI) so it hurts him to get the poo's out..

Poor little sausage! He is still mainly on milk as well.

xxxxx

I'd give water to help loosen it up :) you could try giving him foods that'll help loosen it too? I've herd pear is good!

He likes pear!

Prunes are another natural laxative but not sure he can have them??

I actually bought an Ella's Kitchen pouch with Prune in it??? Not sure if that is quite the same thing :roll:

xxxxxxxxx

Amelie ate prunes since 5 m old actually, properly gummed them down.

Poor thing. Meri used to have that pouch with prunes in and it always made her go BIG STYLE! Ha. Worth a try.

I took Toby to a&e once for this as he had quite a bit. They said its common and not to worry but just to keep an eye on it.

Toby has prunes every day has since 6 months but its easier and cheaper to make your own. I mix them with apples and pears or apples and plums he loves it as they're naturally sweet.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back