Blood When I wipe... HELP

shorty77

Reaction score
Morning all,

Please tell me some of you have had this??

This morning when I got up and went to the toilet I had some blood. Not bright red but not brown either. There was enough for me to panic uncontrollably and start to cry... (what a loser I am... ha ha)

I have no tummy cramps that I would call different or really painful but last night when I went to bed I have a weird feeling in my tummy and a nausea swept over me then just went. I feel asleep and that was that.

This morning my boobs don't seem to hurt like they did yesterday which is worrying me. Every day so far they have been quite painful.

Please tell me im not alone with this and some of you have had this and everything was fine....

I'm 5 weeks and 1 day.

Thanks ladies.

Wishing you all well.... xxx

Blood can be nothing and it can be something. If it's not bright red, then try not to worry too much (sadly I've been there and I know it's hard.) I had bleeding early on in my first pregnancy and my early pregnancy unit refused to see me until I was six weeks, sadly it was all over by then. Call your gp if you're still bleeding and see if they can refer you to get bloods to check your hcg levels. Fingers crossed its just baby nestling in tight xxx

Thanks hun.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I just read your other post. Wishing you all the best moving forward. xxx

I just wiped again and its not a brown colour and not much there.

Im in bits here...

Think I might try and book a private scan for later today. Do you think 5 weeks is too early for a scan?

xx

Last edited:
I've had three losses but this pregnancy is ok so far! Most private places won't take you until seven weeks, but no harm in asking xxx

Thanks hun.

I hope everything goes well this time round for you.

xx

I had exactly this, I did exactly what you did, panic, cried histerically I called the doctor who was meant to call back and didn't. Sooo I went to A&E as my hospital doesn't have a EPU... Very long story short it was ectropion on my cervix, which is perfectly fine to have its just extra growth (not related to cancer at all) and the doctor said sometimes it just bleeds sex, after going to the toilet or just spontaneously. I had quite a bit of pinky blood. But baby was fine and I'm 12 weeks today :) get it checked out though just to be safe xxxxxx

Also 5 weeks is too early for a scan, all they might see is the gestational sack and the yolk sac... But I had a NHS one I thought I was 6 weeks but I was about 5... Anyway I had to be rescanned 2 weeks later but in the mean time I'd had more bleeding so like you I booked an early scan privately. At the first NHS scan they saw a yolk sak, 5 days later at the private one they only saw the gestational sac.... I thought that was it game over. I honestly would recommend maybe phoning your doctor see if they can get you into EPU, private scans are amazing but in my experience at that early the private scan caused me more heartache and worry when there was nothing wrong anyway xxxxx

I had exactly this, I did exactly what you did, panic, cried histerically I called the doctor who was meant to call back and didn't. Sooo I went to A&E as my hospital doesn't have a EPU... Very long story short it was ectropion on my cervix, which is perfectly fine to have its just extra growth (not related to cancer at all) and the doctor said sometimes it just bleeds sex, after going to the toilet or just spontaneously. I had quite a bit of pinky blood. But baby was fine and I'm 12 weeks today :) get it checked out though just to be safe xxxxxx
Thank you so much hun.

I feel better now. You know when you feel so alone......

I will call doctor later and may even go for a really early private scan later today if I can.

Glad all is well with you and that everything ok hun.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

xxx

No problem sweetheart I know how awful seeing blood is. You instantly think the worse, but in many cases it's nothing to worry about, better getting it checked it though xxxxx

After my private scan the lady said to me "have you done another test" I was like oh my god she thinks it's bad news, so I did and still said pregnant. I don't want to medically suggest you do anything because I'm not a doctor (I'm a nurse but I only have my experience of pregnancy). You could do if it would make you feel better, but would you agonise over whether the line is lighter this time etc. I would honestly call your GP see if they can get you into EPU. That's the only way you'll know for sure sugar xxxx

Last edited:
Sorry you're having this worry. 5 weeks is too early for a scan. At best you would see the yolk sac but it won't rule out the pregnancy going either way after a bleed and would likely not reassure you. The best thing for reassurance at this stage is to have your bloods done twice 48 hours apart to check they are rising appropriately. Speak to your GP about having some bloods done.
Best waiting until 6+ weeks at least for a scan.

So scary. You are not a loser, or if you are then I and a lot of other people on here are too! Get some advice to help put your mind at rest. I had two small episodes of spotting then brown that lasted just for an evening and had scan and was fine.
The Miscarriage Association are absolutely fantastic and have been a never ending support to me through both of my pregnancies, one of which was a mc. They can really help you not to panic and they have a call line or volunteers to talk to. Is definitely worth it!
I am not saying you are mcing. They are just a great source of advice for pregnancy or Tommy's...?
First call doctor though! Xxx

Sorry you are having this....I am 5+1 today also
Firstly, dont worry about sore boobs. Mine didnt hurt at all yesterday. Today I feel as if they have been hit by a train.
Secondly, bleeding like that can be normal. I had it with my son at 5+5. Lasted 3-4 days on and off. Got told it was just my body clearing itself out.
Its a bit early for a scan....they usualy ask you to wait until 6 weeks when theres a chance of hearing or seeing a heartbeat.
Dont panic and dont stress. Keep an eye on things and if ur still worried when you hit 6 weeks then ask for a scan.
Perhaps see if your gp can do your hcg levels?

Shorty I hope your ok, just to let you know I'm thinking of you and hopefully everything is all ok.
xxx

Thanks everyone for all your comments and kind words.

I hid myself away this weekend as just felt so bad.

So far everything has gone quite so fingers crossed im ok but I just feel that im sitting here waiting for it all to happen.

Hope you are all ok??

xxx

Hi, how far are you now? May be worth chatting to your dr as they should be able to refer you for a scan from 6ish weeks xx

Hi all,

Many thanks again for thinking of me and your kind words.

So I went for a scan yesterday and baby is all ok. Saw the heartbeat and they everything looks good so far. I'm still bleeding today though so im not out of the woods yet.....

How is everyone else? Good I hope??

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back