blood type

noofy

Reaction score
I don't know what blood type I am but have read that certain blood types can affect pregnancies.
Is it worth me calling the midwife?
I'm on my eighth week now.

Hey, o don't think your blood type affects your preg, but dependant upon what type you are you mat have to have an anti d injection once you have given birth, I'm o rhesus neg so will have to have the injection, its to do with the anti bodies in blood crossing over with babies if I remember rightly xx

Hey. It's to do with your rhesus status so whether you are positive or negative. They will find out group and rhesus status after you have had your booking bloods.

It's not a problem in this pregnancy but depending on rhesus status of yourself and the baby when it is born you may need to have anti-d which prevents problems in further pregnancies, or if your rhesus negative and have a fall or a bleed during this pregnancy they will give the anti d. Some places also give anti d to all pregnant women when they reach a certain gestation.

Don't worry about it, there no need to worry honestly. Xx

all this will be explained if needs be once they find out your blood type x

The mw will test to see what blood type you are when you have a blood test, so I wouldn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back