Blood thinners following miscarriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Looking for anyone else who has any success stories or is currently pregnant and on Clexane and aspirin. After a number of miscarriages (all first trimester) my clinic finally found I had abnormally clotting blood. I haven’t been diagnosed with a condition but they said my blood was not flowing how it should and that research has shown women in the same position as me have had positive outcomes on blood thinner.

Currently only 4+4 and a nervous wreck. Have been on the injections (40mg)since BFP 8days ago and hospitals have since tested my blood again and added 150ng aspirin daily.

Any positive stories, advice, people going through the same?

Tia X

Hi everyone

Looking for anyone else who has any success stories or is currently pregnant and on Clexane and aspirin. After a number of miscarriages (all first trimester) my clinic finally found I had abnormally clotting blood. I haven’t been diagnosed with a condition but they said my blood was not flowing how it should and that research has shown women in the same position as me have had positive outcomes on blood thinner.

Currently only 4+4 and a nervous wreck. Have been on the injections (40mg)since BFP 8days ago and hospitals have since tested my blood again and added 150ng aspirin daily.

Any positive stories, advice, people going through the same?

Tia X
Hey,
I was put on fragmin when I was 8 weeks pregnant. One 7.500ui/0.3ml a day.
I'm currently 22+5 and baby is growing normally without complications. I had several mc but never been diagnosed with anything. I was given the injections as a precaution.
Fx that this is your sticky bean. Try and relax. I know, easier said then done.

Hey,
I was put on fragmin when I was 8 weeks pregnant. One 7.500ui/0.3ml a day.
I'm currently 22+5 and baby is growing normally without complications. I had several mc but never been diagnosed with anything. I was given the injections as a precaution.
Fx that this is your sticky bean. Try and relax. I know, easier said then done.
Thank you! Yes it’s practically impossible to relax after such a tough journey up to now. Got a scan booked in for 7 weeks so just counting down the days for that. After so much heartbreak just expect it to go wrong. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes to plan and thanks again for your reply xx

Hey qwerty I had three miscarriages and then had tests that found that my blood clotted too quickly and had to take heparin from a positive test and my rainbow is now 4 months old. I did not relax really until my 20 week scan. Just take one day at a time and keep busy if you can. I also had a lot of early scans which helped me get week to week. Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Hey qwerty I had three miscarriages and then had tests that found that my blood clotted too quickly and had to take heparin from a positive test and my rainbow is now 4 months old. I did not relax really until my 20 week scan. Just take one day at a time and keep busy if you can. I also had a lot of early scans which helped me get week to week. Wishing you all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months xx
Thanks you, this does give me some hope (I’ve had 6 miscarriages) but this is the first since the blood clotting issue was found. I am doing exactly what you said, not thinking too far ahead and staying busy. Just over 2 weeks until my first scan but will be over 7 weeks by then so hoping we make it that far and that if we do, it’s all ok. Glad you had a happy ending to your journey xx

Hi! I had 2 mc’s before this pregnancy. When I went to my EPU scan appointment at 6 weeks +6 days they prescribed me 75mg a Aspirin. I’ve not been diagnosed with any blood disorder because they wouldn’t investigate my MCs until I had another. I’m currently 26 weeks +3 and fingers crossed everything is going well so far. The midwife in EPU said that she wished all pregnant ladies went on 75mg aspirin just to help blood flow but I’d have been scared to just take it without being prescribed it. Good luck with this pregnancy. It seems like you’re on the right meds etc. Xx

Thanks you, this does give me some hope (I’ve had 6 miscarriages) but this is the first since the blood clotting issue was found. I am doing exactly what you said, not thinking too far ahead and staying busy. Just over 2 weeks until my first scan but will be over 7 weeks by then so hoping we make it that far and that if we do, it’s all ok. Glad you had a happy ending to your journey xx

Try and think of it this way. You’re doing something different this time so you can have a different outcome. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Thanks for the encouragement. I started bleeding on Tuesday (light and brown) so had a scan today at 5+2. Only a sac and no yolk sac and only measuring 2mm which is apparently more consistent with a 4wk pregnancy but I know my dates as I track ovulation. My hcg was 5500 which I don’t think the consultant was expecting (she thought it would be lower) so I am back in 2 days for follow up and see if yolk sac has appeared. Not feeling very confident though :(

X

Those numbers are great for 5+2, if your hcg is that high and increasing I don’t think that spotting was anything sinister. Everything is so tiny that early on it’s hard to see and measure accurately. Did they do an internal scan? I have read positive stories of people who have had similar early scans so don’t give up hope yet xx

Aw good luck hun. Those HCG readings are really good! Let us know how you get on x

So I had my scan on Sunday. Sac had grown from 2mm to 4.2mm in the two days but still nothing in it. No yolk sac seen. She didn’t re do bloods as she said with progression seen on the scan, bloods wouldn’t tell anything extra. Still spotting brown every day, just won’t go away. Got a re scan at the end of next week when I will be 7wks to see whether things are progressing. Such a long waiting game. Xx

Had some bright red bleeding today so not holding out much hope. Managed to get progesterone pessaries so started them this eve. Figured I have nothing to lose! X

I personally am terribly afraid of blood, in any situation in which I need help. I always call the nurse. Once, when they took blood from my hand, I fainted because I saw so much blood.

Is there any update on this journey?

I had 6mcs then 2 successful pregnancies on baby aspirin, ttc number 3 had another mc and possible chemical x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back