Blood tests

sarah113

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhh, got my blood tests tomorrow, im pooping myself even just thinking about them, im going by myself to have them done usually i have my mummy there to hold my hand, i swear im going to pass out, like i did when i was pg with my first.

i no how u feel... when i had myn last monday my oh texted me "be strong" so i will say the same to u lol but u no wen its done its done :)

Yeah I feel for you too, I hate then!!! When I had mine at 12 weeks I was very close to being sick, it was fine when she was doing it but as I had got myself sooooo worked up that after she had taken the needle out I went all hot and sweaty!!

I was quite funny as the nurse who took the blood was like "oh hang on i'll get you a bowl" really panicked bless her, all i wanted was a drink of water to stop me feeling soooo hot!!!!

:hug: ahh I'm used to them now, either injecting me with something or take my blood, I'm ok if I don't watch! I must go pale because they always ask I'm I ok.

I was pleasantly surprised by mine! I'm not usually bothered by needles but it's been a long, long time (probably since I was about 6 or 7) since I last had blood taken. I was a bit squeamish at the thought.

The midwife had trouble finding a vein and eventually found one on my right arm. I only noticed a slight scratch and was shocked how quickly it was over! I usually bruise at the slightest tap but there's not a mark on me. Hope the next time it's that simple!

:? i had some basic tests at 6 weeks and when i saw the midwife for 24 week check she said they didnt bother with any more blood tests unless i start showing symptoms of anaemia

how come everyone else has so many?

These are the tests done at our hospital..

Blood type
Rhesus status
HIV
Syphilis
Hep B
Rubella status
Haemoglobin (to test for anaemia)
Downs/Spina Bifida test (done at 15 weeks, I was too late for this)

You can opt out of any of them. As I had to have all of them done in one go I felt like half a litre was drained out of me!

yeah i had them all a once too, except the downs one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back