blood test

mrz85

Reaction score
Hello :D
How long does the result take for downsydrom and abnormalities blood test take 2 come back thnxs xx

I was told by my midwife that I would hear from the hospital within a week if they needed to do another test but when I hadn't heard anything for 2 weeks I called my doctor who didn't know and suggested calling the hospital who were actually very helpful and found the lady who checks the tests who hunted out my results and told me over the phone.

Slightly annoying to have to chase results but I think that is just the current system in the north east!

x

I had a letter in the post within the week after my scan, had bloods done on the same day. Think it does vary, although I was told up to 2 weeks to receive the letter unless high rsk xx

how does the test work r they looking for something in my blood sorry 4 silly question

I think they test for levels of a certain type of hormone and fetal proteins, I cant remember the exact names of them I'd have to look at my results to tell you, perhaps someone here can remind me - PAP something (not sure). They wont tell you if there is definately an issue, they'll give you a ratio of the risk. Mine came back as 1:9500 but it varies from person to person and depends on a variety of factors such as age the NT fold measurement on the scan.

Someone else here will probably know more than me. but as others have said you'll get a call within a few days after the blood was taken if there was potentially a problem as they usually re-test.

xx

Had my scan and blood done the same day and got the results that day too.

I had a problem with mine and they phoned the day after the scan, so I would think that if you haven't heard anything there won't be a problem x

I never heard. They told me that they would only contact me if they found something, but if all was normal they wouldn't need to call me x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

they couldnt do the scan the baby was to low down in my pelvis so just had the blood test

they couldnt do the scan the baby was to low down in my pelvis so just had the blood test

I'm the same, blood test only as nuchal scan couldn't be done xx

I got told I was 1:36000 at my next mw appt x

I had my scan on 2nd feb and they took blood then too but I haven't had a letter yet, still waiting...

XX

I'm the same hon, they couldn't see baby's neck well enough to do a nuchal fold scan at 12 weeks, so I was told to come back at 15 weeks for a quad blood test (they also had to weigh me on that day, not sure why lol).

The midwife who took the blood said someone would phone within 1 week if the results for down syndrome were high, otherwise I would hear in about 2 weeks by letter if the results were low. Only 2 more days til my 1 week is up :)

She did also mention that if I hadn't heard in 2 weeks to chase it up.

I will have another rifle through my post pile to double check I've not missed it and then it think if it hasn't come my the end of the week I will have to chase it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back