Blood test high blood sugar at 28 weeks

muffinferon

Reaction score
Hello,

Had my 28 week appt on we'd and had bloods taken. Phoned today to say blood sugar was a bit high and I've to go for a fasting blood test next Wednesday, then have lucozade,then another test.

Is this something to worry about or is this quite common? I wasn't told to fast before the bloods were taken at 28week appt. I'm a bit concerned my fondness for chocolate has buggered up me and baby :wall2::-(

You may or may not have diabetes hun, I have it when I'm pregnant it is a pain and I should eat any sugar I sneak alittle in here and there but I pay the price. Currently on meds for it and insulin x Best thing to do is steer clear of the sweeties the day before test and then drink plenty of water x

u could be developing pregnancy diabetes if so u need to look at all the carbs u eat from milk to bread n pasta's sports drinks fizzy stuff ect.fingers crossed thats not the case but if it is as miss said its controllable.

I won't lie, my diet hasn't been great. I am a greedy git! Apart from the blood test though, are there any symptoms with preg diabetes? I'm hoping it won't be that obviously, but it's better getting it checked. I will be fasting for the next blood test

Thanks for the replies girls :) xxx

they check you out as preg diabetes can lead to big babies and some other problems so ppl with it may need to be induced early or have growth scans. fx its just that you had too much choc before the test hun lol. ive just had my GTT. most boring 2 hrs of my life but i had glucose in my urine at my mw app yesterday too so will see what my gtt results say and have my urine checked again on the 5th of jan

blurred vision, which I had loads before I got diagnosed first time not so much this time.
thirsty all the time
not peeing enough
sleepy during day (not like pregnancy already does that lol)
Crankiness, irritibility

The list goes on hun x

Just going to have to wait and see what the outcome is then. Hoping it has just been a sugar rush lol the mw checked my pee and said it was fine, although I'd had a moan about how dis interested she was the other day that I wonder if she even checked properly! and baby is measuring 28weeks.

I'll try not to worry about it, but maybe this is a good kick to improve my overall diet (once I've eaten the Xmas chocs :whistle:)

Thanks girls xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back