blood results

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by mummy2b19, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

So doctor rang today and blood test show im animic (sp?) and she's giving me a months corse of iorn tablets, im presuming this coupled with my low BP is what's making me feel faint and dizzy, but is there anything else I need to know as it was only a very brief phone call? Replys much apretiated xx

2. nikki8092

nikki8092 Well-Known Member

I have had low iron in all pregnancys. I passed out at a wedding when i was pregnant with paige and had to leave a cinema when i was carrying jake due to feeling dizzy. You will most likely be tired as well hun tablets are good though although you must take them or they end up sending you off to have iron injections :( x

3. mummy2b19

Will defo take them hate injections lol, I havnt passed out in a couple of months but I get really dizzy, even just lying in bed or Sat at the hair dressers the other day. And now u mention it I am always really tiered but I put it down to not being able to sleep some nights I do tend to get up quite late so it makes sence thanks xx

4. nikki8092

nikki8092 Well-Known Member

no problem hun x

5. lottietat

lottietat Active Member

Tablets should work, just be warned that the side affects of them is constipation!!

6. mummy2b19

IV got enough of that already lol tmi xx

7. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

Red meat also helps and cereal fortified with iron :) xx

8. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

I was told I had low iron from my booking in appointment. Got a letter through post telling me to get iron tablets off doctor asap. Took them for a month or so and got my iron levels rechecked and they're perfectly fine now.

I didn't do anything specific to help them regulate, I tried eating a bit of extra veg like broccoli with my dinners, and also cereals with iron in them. So I think the tablets did most of the work :)

9. mummy2b19

Its weird I hated broccoli but last 2weeks IV eaten loads of it, must be true your body lets you know what it needs xx