blood pressure

fcroxy

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity was wondering what is classed as having a high blood pressure? My blood pressure is generally low anyway, normally about 90/50 ish. My blood pressure at 16 week app was 100/60.

Today I used my mums blood pressure machine as I have been getting terrible headaches daily for weeks now with the odd blurred vision and black spots and my blood pressure was 132/68. From what I can see online its within normal range but for me it seems higher than usual as mine is generally low. I'm not due to see the midwife again until 28 weeks, another 4 and a bit weeks away, but I'm wondering if its worth giving her a call before then to talk about headaches etc and see if she'll maybe see me at 25 weeks instead (she did mention if I felt I needed to see her at 25 weeks I could, else just to wait until 28 weeks)

Sorry for rambling. Not sure if I'm overthinking things haha x

Last edited:
I had high blood pressure in my first pregnancy which they classified as above 140. High blood pressure headaches and visual disturbances can be signs of preclampsia so I would give your midwife a call if I were you just to rule it out as she can check your BP and urine.
Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but best to get it checked :) xx

Thanks. Think i will give her a call tomorrow for peace of mind anyway as these headaches are getting me down so much and don't think I can wait until I next see her at 28 weeks x

Do mention it. Ima nurse and even though its within normal range its high for you. We get a baseline with all our patients. Dont panic though but def mantion it.

Thanks. I did think it was high for me even tho its in the normal range. Throughout my first pregnancy is stayed between 90/50 - 110/60 so todays reading was higher than normal. I've just felt out of sorts the last few days too, apart from the daily headaches I've been snappy and feel so on edge, feeling warm/hot (which usually I'm always cold and still wear a dressing gown in the day over my clothes) and this morning had blurred vision on and off for about an hour until I had a nap and then my vision was better this afternoon.

Not sure if I'm over analyzing everything but will give the midwife a call this week x

Your blood pressure is really sensitive. So if you'd had coffee or even fizzy juice, were stressed, all will affect your blood pressure. My bp was high when i saw gp and I was so annoyed because I was late for appointment and ran there. I was telling my gp that i check it in work and it's always fine but she was so overdramatic bit she still pit it all on my notes! Was so annoyed my blood pressure is always 90-110 over 60-80 without fail. But sure what do i know.

Automated machines always read higher that is why MW should use a manual machine. A BP with the lower reading above 90 and upper resding above 140-150, should be investigated and even more concerning with protein in your urine. Classic symptoms of pre - eclampsia are headaches, visual disturbances, oedema and epigastric pain increased nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back