Blood pressure.

love87

Reaction score
I had my GTT this morning and also an anti-natal check. My BP was 137/72, also some lucosytes in my urine which they are investigating will have results on Wednesday.
Anyway I have googled (I know, I shouldn't) and it is saying my BP is pre-hypertension. Should I worry? I also feel I have a chest infection (gp this afternoon) would that cause a rise in BP? Doctor was not worried and did not comment on it and said all is OK with baby. Sorry about the long post. :) hope you are all well.

I wouldn't worry.

A normal blood pressure is 100-140 systolic and 60-80 diastolic.

You're within a normal range and leucocytes can show a mild infection. I would recommend drinking water and avoid caffeine and fizzy drinks to flush through.

It's normal for us to worry :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry.

You're within a normal range and leucocytes can show a mild infection. I would recommend drinking water and avoid caffeine and fizzy drinks to flush through.

I thought it was 100-120 systolic no wonder I'm worried. Doctor did not even comment on it so maybe it's all good. Just really scared of getting pre-eclampsia. I was so lucky with my first pregnancy that I just keep thinking I cannot be lucky twice. I'm a worrier anyway. X

I wouldn't worry.

I thought it was 100-120 systolic no wonder I'm worried. Doctor did not even comment on it so maybe it's all good. Just really scared of getting pre-eclampsia. I was so lucky with my first pregnancy that I just keep thinking I cannot be lucky twice. I'm a worrier anyway. X

Hope you're feeling better. Try not to worry though I do understand your concerns as I feel like I'm a little more neurotic with this pregnancy :)

Twin pregnancy I had pre eclampsia at 36 weeks and I was hospitalised by 36 weeks with last pregnancy too due to B/P and an unstable lie. This time everything seems to be going well but I'm getting more nervous as I get closer to 36 weeks as that's when it usually goes wrong for me!

Still, since I've been on mat leave I'm actually missing hospital life so maybe it wouldn't be that bad ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back