Blood pressure

Topsy

Reaction score
Hello girls

Just wondering if anyone knew much about blood pressure readings.

I've been feeling really tired and faint for a few weeks and have had a couple of episodes of fainting , At my 25 week appointment last week I mentioned it to my midwife and when she took my blood pressure she did say it was low but she didn't seem concerned when looking at my notes my reading was 90\50 which seems pretty low to me. Is there anything I can do to help increase it as I'm not really coping well with the dizziness and I'm starting to feel abit down as its got to the point I don't like going anywhere on my own.

Thanks xx

90/50 is on the low side. Do you have any idea what it was before you started feeling dizzy? It is possible to have naturally low blood pressure, but if it's dropped and you've only experienced the symptoms since then, I'd go see your doctor. Shame your midwife couldn't suggest anything, but I guess they are mostly looking out for high blood pressure.

At my 16 week appointment it was in the normal range, she just said it would return to normal after the baby arrived just not looking forward to another 13 weeks of feeling this bad. Xx

I used to suffer from low blood pressure mine used to be 80/62! It sucks! Just take it slowly, don't get up to quickly and rest when you need to... keep sugary sweets or drinks on you. I sometimes found this helped when I got my dizzy spells.

Hope this helps for you. :)

Xxx

I used to suffer from low blood pressure mine used to be 80/62! It sucks! Just take it slowly, don't get up to quickly and rest when you need to... keep sugary sweets or drinks on you. I sometimes found this helped when I got my dizzy spells.

Hope this helps for you. :)

Xxx

I do find fizzy drinks help me a bit, should really be winding down with work but its just getting busier the closer I get to my maternity leave xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back