Blood in nappy??

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Chezza, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

Morning ladies, JJ has had a bit of mucas-y bloody in 2 of his nappies in the last 24 hours. I'm not a fan of "googling"! Can anyone advise if it could just be a little straining or dehydration?? I'm giving him an oz of water between feeds if he'll take it. My Drs aren't open til tmrw...

Thanks in advance...xx

2. Ashley89

Ashley89 Well-Known Member

I would ring out of hours hun I would be a little concerned myself but i am a worrier and would get Ava checked even if it turns out to be a strain rather be safe than sorry!! X hope he's ok! X

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

I'd give someone as call as well.

James had blood from his bum when he was really struggling to get his stools out (weaning poo's are horrid!) it was on the babywipe not in his nappy and it was just the once.

I posted here and the lovely ladies said if you find blood in actual stools it's always best to get a second opinion

xxxxxxxxx

4. Leah04x

Leah04x Well-Known Member

Id ring out of hours too hun. Even if its nothing, better to get him checked! Xx

5. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

Always best to be safe than sorry. Even if he seems absolutely fine I know I'd be panicking until someone reassured me all was well xx

6. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Well-Known Member

I'd give NHS direct or GP out of hours a ring just to make sure.

It could just be from straining if he's been a bit bunged up, but still worth checking.

Is he BF as sometimes blood from cracked nipples etc can get into their poo that way.

7. Drummers_wife

Drummers_wife Well-Known Member

Mucus blood poo would hint towards a food allergy/intolerance to me so I would go to a&e xx dont worry tho they can put him on a different milk or advise u on ur diet if bfing if it is an allergy xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

8. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

I'd personally go straight to the childrens hospital, a&e as after spending all night in one with lo last night, it could have been so much shorter if I'd of gone straight there instead of wasting time with the useles out of hours dr. I'd want to be seem as soon as poss personally cx

9. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I phoned NHS direct and they told me to keep him hydrated (which I thought I was doing!) - and to keep an eye on all nappies - if anymore have blood in today or overnight, to take him to the dr for an emergency appt first thing tmrw. He has had 3 bowel movements since the bloody one this morning...no more blood. Hoping its just a case of straining. Thanks ladies xx

10. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

I took Toby to a&e for this when he was small. They reckon it was as a result if straining. If your little one doesn't have a temp (you should monitor daily for the next few days) then it's unlikely to be anything serious. Sounds like you're doing all the right things x