Blocked tear ducts .....

clairebear22

Reaction score
Harry's have been blocked since he was 2 days old, he's now 4.5 months old.

If your LO had it too how old were they when the gunge and crust dissapeared? Also did their eyes water a lot too? Harry constantly has a tear in the corner of his eyes.

They don't bother him at all but the corners get sore occasionally, they don't look nice when they're really bad and i'm a little fed up with 'ooo is that conjunctivitus?'.

I was told it would clear up once he could cry real tears which he has been able to do for a while now but they're still crusty/gungy every day.

Thanks x

Jacks cleared up around 6 months, but when he gets ill it's the first thing that appears! Xxx

My lo was exactly the same hun. I know annoying it is when people comment on it all the time aswell. I was fed up of explaining it lol.

My lo's cleared up around 6 months too. One day they just stopped running and being gunky!

The end is in sight xxx

Not sure exactly when they cleared but he doesn't have it now at 17 months!
Xxx

j only had it in one eye and cleared up at about 4 months or so. I'm convinced the cranio helped get rid of it. And yes, he did have weepy/teary eye too.

Thanks ladies :)

Hopefully Harry's will clear up at 6 months too! x

Mark's disappeared at around 6 weeks i think. But he had a cold and it reappeared and then went away again.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I'm afraid my friends baby still has his at 13 months, the only thing that clears it for a few days is breastmilk so I freeze tiny portions for her in a spice tray! His is really bad.

I was just about to suggest breast milk, if you still have it.
A coupla drops on a cotton wool ball (new one for other eye) should help clear it xx

I found bm worked better than the drops too. Wet nurse lol?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

No breast milk here i'm afraid. Thank you for the suggestion though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back