Blocked fallopian tube

peachypam

Reaction score
Well girls, I went for my x ray yesterday which involves inserting dye through the cervix into the uterus and fallopian tubes.I had been dreading it but it wasn't bad at all.
Anyway, you could have knocked me over with a feather!My right tube is completely blocked!No wonder I have had no success in 16 months ttc.I thought you ovulated from the left one month and the right the next month but the radiographer said this is not the case most of the time.Sometimes you can ovulate from the same side a few months in a row.
Has anyone had any experience of this?I'm not seeing the consultant until the 28th and the radiographer wasn't giving much away.What treatment will I be offered!
I'm convinced it was the coil that has caused this as I had a couple of infections while I had it.
OH hasn't had his sperm results back yet.If he has low count I will be devastated!

Hiya, didnt want to read and run, dont know anything though! Sorry. But i would say it is interesting to hear this, it could be more common than we know. Hopefully they can help you?
Clem x

I had the same test done back in 2007, and they found that my left tube was completely blocked and my right was partially blocked (my right ovary and tube were also surrounded by scar tissue). I was told that it was very likely that we would need IVF because of the partial blockage in the right, but that many women sucessfully conceive if only one is blocked. We were still trying but not expecting anything to happen while we were waiting for the right time for IVF, and found out I was pregnant with Sam.

You can have surgery to unblock them, although it's not always successful - fingers crossed you won't need it with one working tube though x

Oh so sorry to hear that hun,
Hopefully you will be able to have treatment to sort this out,

Fingers crossed that your hubbies sperm count comes back ok,
x x x

Hiya, didnt want to read and run, dont know anything though! Sorry. But i would say it is interesting to hear this, it could be more common than we know. Hopefully they can help you?
Clem x

According to what I've read on internet it accounts to 40% of infertility in women!

I only have one functioning tube and ovary, my consultant said that my other ovary would compensate for that so I seem to ovulate from that ovary on the healthy side every month - could be wrong though. I also have Endometriosis and other gynae complications but I have managed to conceive with no problems except I had a miscarriage in March, but this was unrelated. It can cause problems but it is certainly possible to conceive naturally, my doctor did say it could take you a little longer but he wasn't concerned by this? Can they unblock the tube or is this not possible?? My tube was bent back on itself an was therefore not repairable, they said they though it was a birth defect...the ovary on that side apparently has restricted blood supply and they said it was pretty much dead as it was so small they struggle to find it!!

Hey didn't want to read and run. At least 1. You know why it has taken you a little longer to conceive and 2. You know it isn't impossible! I don't know what the treatment options are! But from a radiographer point of you we aren't supposed to comment too much on what we see after all that's what the consultant is paid for :) I always try and reassure ppl if they are anxious

Thanks for replies everyone.I conceived my first 2 so easily so I new there was something wrong.

I only have one functioning tube and ovary, my consultant said that my other ovary would compensate for that so I seem to ovulate from that ovary on the healthy side every month - could be wrong though. I also have Endometriosis and other gynae complications but I have managed to conceive with no problems except I had a miscarriage in March, but this was unrelated. It can cause problems but it is certainly possible to conceive naturally, my doctor did say it could take you a little longer but he wasn't concerned by this? Can they unblock the tube or is this not possible?? My tube was bent back on itself an was therefore not repairable, they said they though it was a birth defect...the ovary on that side apparently has restricted blood supply and they said it was pretty much dead as it was so small they struggle to find it!!
I will ovulate from both ovaries but obviously the right one is blocked so egg not goin' anywhere!Dont know if they can unblock it....i see the consultant on the 28th.xxx

Clem x

According to what I've read on internet it accounts to 40% of infertility in women!

Blimey! I want to get mine checked now

I’m reaching out to everyone here to let you know that I just had another baby after TRYING TO CONCEIVE for 6 years and also to share my pregnancy jorney story! I am so happy to announce that at 40 years of age, I gave birth to a healthy and beautiful twins baby girls on Oct0ber 29, 2022, My husband and I are from San Anthonio TX. In January of 2014, our third child, a beautiful baby girl, was born perfect and healthy. We couldn’t have been happier; our family of five felt perfect and complete. A few months down the road, as we were considering birth control options, the doctor informed us about Essure. This non-surgical, non-hormone, cost effective option seemed perfect. We went ahead with it, never imagining that there would ever be any reason to make us reconsider. Why would we when our little family was just right, and we were so happy?A little over a year later on October 9, 2015, our perfect baby girl left us to walk with Jesus. With very little warning or symptoms, her appendix burst and her tiny body succumbed to sepsis very quickly. The doctors and staff worked so hard to help her, but our little angel flew to heaven. I can tell you there is nothing worse than losing a child. It hurts so badly that it truly feels as though your heart is breaking. After several months, our boys began to question us about having another baby. The thought of a new precious miracle in our lives grew in our hearts quickly, and we began to look at what our options were. When I had gotten the Essure, the doctor had been very specific that it could not be reversed. With our first phone calls, we were told our only option was in vitro fertilization (IVF). As we researched that, it just didn’t seem like a great option for us. However, I stumbled on a story of a woman who Dr Agbola helped to conceive a twins baby under the same condition as mine. so i decided to put a try and talk toed him because this has been my greatest problem in life, words will not be enough to explain what this man did for me,i know there is someone in the same condition and you feel there is no way, i’m also giving this hint to couples who are struggling with INFERTILITY or had their TUBES TIED. i urge you to talk to him. This man is the best solution to every single mother around the globe. distance is not a barrier, he will surely make your dreams come through. talk to him today Via: ([email protected])

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back