Bloating, wind and other fun stuff!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Rosebay, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

has anyone got a tip for easing wind and bloating? I think I brought it on myself yesterday by having an egg sandwich for lunch followed by a jacket potato with beans and homemade coleslaw with raw cabbage for dinner but I had to banish myself to the spare room last night it was so bad! Now I feel all bloated and yucky, bleugh! :(. Trouble is I seem to have a thing for green leafy vegetables at the moment and they're the worst culprits! I read somewhere that our digestive system slows down in the first trimester due to the progesteron or something. I have suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the past- mostly through lactose intolerance (hence me drinking loads of soy milk at the moment rather than cow's) but this feels different as my whole tummy feels wrong and sadly I can't take any of the peppermint oil pills that I used to take to relieve it I don't think.

I'm going to try keeping it down to one provocative food-stuff at a time to see what's making it worse, I might try some ginger tea and I read somewhere that eating a lot slower can help too....? Has anyone got any tips or tricks or perhaps your stomach feels like a balloon too?

2. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have also felt very bloated and have problems with excess wind! Last night I was in a lot of pain, not sure if I wanted to be sick or the other way! I have nt really been able to find anything to ease it yet, although for IBS i have found yakhult to be helpful.

Sorry couldnt be of much help, but can sympathise with your being uncomfortable.

Take care, only another 6 weeks til all the funny little problems start to ease!

Natalie

3. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi Natalie,

+++