Blinds open or closed?

Claire123

Reaction score
For those with babys that nap through in theor cot....do u keep blinds open for daytime naps or close them? I dont want the light wakening her too soon but also dont want her to get confused between day and night! Thanks :)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jackson thinks daytime is play time. If he's nappin in the cot at day time its not long.

He's used to everything dark and quiet to get his last feed so we had to get blackout blinds for the room.

xxxxx

James has never slept in his cot during the day.

He falls asleep in his chair and it's curtains open / TV or radio on and general noise. We're no quieter when he naps during the day.

Night-time is dark, quiet and he has a night light on - touch wood we've never had to get him up since he started sleeping through at 8 weeks!

xxxxxxxx

I keep them closed.

Done the same with both girls, first was a terrible sleeper at night, second has been an amazing sleeper at nght.

Unless you keep day time super quiet then they will soon work out the difference x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

She has them open in the day and noisy etc... Night time blackout blinds, no noise, no light etc... She is (and always has been) an excellent sleeper.

we have a groblind and a black out blind and curtains! during the day I pull up the black out blind and peel a corner back from the groblind to let some light in, but keep her curtains closed. They are light curtains so her room gets daylight. Seems to work for us

Blinds closed at all times but only because the sun streams into the room making it too hot.
Otherwise open in day, closed at night.x

That's why my sons room blinds go down, the sun catches our back (beautifully) but a pain in the ass when its shinning right in his windows and its so hot!

Plus if we didn't close them, where I live it gets dark at like 9-10 so he would think its still daytime haha!

He's been an amazing sleeper since 8w old so I've always just did what I know.

If I'm out n about tho, doesn't matter how bright or hot it is, he sleeps..

xxxxx

I shut Jack's blinds but leave the curtains open for his nap so it's a dim light but not dark. Harry only has his naps in his bedroom at the moment and is in bright daylight because we haven't got blinds or curtains up yet. He's in with us at night still and it's dark and pretty quiet apart from us moving in bed x

Iv also kept Chloe's Moses basket and now crib for just night time so she knows its sleeeeeedp time ;) she naps during the day either on me or in her travel cot what she falls asleep in while playing with her toys and we keep blinds up during the day so she knows dark is bed time :) x

Ethan naps in his cot and I leave the blind open so it's bright.. Obviously, at night it goes down. Have always done this and he's usually an excellent sleeper xx

I keep them open in the day and close them at night but being honest ruby naps most of the time in her pram or on the couch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back