Bleeding

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Laura_James&Amber, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Laura_James&Amber

Laura_James&Amber Well-Known Member

For those of you who have had a C Section how long did you bleed for afterwards and how long was it until you got your first period?

2. Mildly

Mildly Well-Known Member

Still bleeding now a month and a bit on :( Well it is the brown blood so hopefully I am near the end. No word yet on the first period.

Oh, I did keep doing too much though so the red blood stage kept coming back :(

Hope you and Amber are doing ok :hug:

3. Laura_James&Amber

Laura_James&Amber Well-Known Member

Thanx hun, looks like I will have it for a while yet then! Hope it stops for you soon.
    :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and Oscar!

4. purplebluered

purplebluered Well-Known Member

Congrats Laura :hug:

I bled for 8 weeks but then I had heavy bleeding so much so I was delayed going up to postnatal ward post section and nearly couldn't go home because of it. Very light the last 2/3 weeks, really annoying stop and start. Hope it's not that long for you :D

5. Charlie:-)

Charlie:-) Well-Known Member

I was about 9 weeks and haven't got af back yet cause im BF.

6. Mildly

Mildly Well-Known Member

Although I hadn't really thought about having a c section before giving birth, I had just randomly assumed that because they would be taking out the placenta after they'd taken the baby out that it would be a cleaner removal, if you know what I mean, because they could scoop out all the gunk. I'm guessing they don't do that and fom the other answers it seems to be a longer bleed than those who've had a vaginal birth :think:

I think mine might be stopped :pray: It seems to have turned into a creamy discharge instead of brown. Hope you don't have it for too long hun :hug: And big hugs to you and Amber :hug:

7. purplebluered

purplebluered Well-Known Member

Mildy I guess if you think about it, you push it all out with the baby, but it must be harder to scoop it out with a section. That's how I assumed it would work :lol: sorry to use the word scoop, couldn't think of any other way to phrase it :D

ETA just seen you used the word scoop too so thats ok. Really can't think of any other way to phrase it :think: :lol: