bleeding

denise41

Reaction score
I was 6 weeks pregnant and started spotting. I wasnt concerned it happened with my last pregnancy. 5 days later I bled heavily and it lasted 5 days with a bit of cramping. Always bright red with a few clots. It has eased a little now

I saw the doctor. Firstly she gave me a lecture about not using contraception (we were tryig to conceive! ) and was then curious as to how I knew I was pregnant. She seemed surprised you could buy kits. She didnt examine me send me for a scan or anything.

By now I had little faith in her so came away with questions unanswered, have I miscarried? do I need to do anything? would I expect to see anything other than clots.

Can anyone offer any advice please

your doctor should be ashamed of herself. did she listen to anything that you said!

I would recommend you book another appointment and ask to see a different doctor so that you can get all of your questions answered, or if you can only see your doctor take someone with you so they can help you make the doctor listen to you and answer your questions properly.

good luck!

Couldnt agree more - how then hell did she qualify!! If you are having problems with your surgery you can always go to your local family planning clinic who can offer free pg tests - they can also put you in touch with your local MW so you can cut out the doctors altogether!! Good luck - hope you and little one are ok xxxx

Hi Denise,

That's appalling, definitely follow the good advice the others have given. Book another appointment with a different doctor.

I started spotting from 5.5 weeks and this has continued to this day, it's varied from brown discharge, to blood stained discharge to red blood on two occassions. It's a really distressing time when you have this and you need the support of a good GP to get you through it. Mine have been fantastic.

I first had to see the docs cos I had terrible pains one night.

What I would expect you to have gone through is a series of blood tests to check your HCG levels to confirm a viable pregnancy. They usually do this as a first step. Then they may send you for an early scan if you continue to spot.

I've had them every 2 weeks because I'm still spotting/bleeding. I have my third scan next week.

The scans may show a reason for the spotting/bleeding but in my case they haven't but at least you will have a little bit of reassurance that your little bean is OK.

I'm worried terribly with my spotting, as you might be, you really don't need an incompetent doctor on top of all that.

Spotting isn't normal and it does need to be investigated - as the staff at the early pregnancy unit told me. It might be common but it's not normal.

Let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back