Bleeding & small CRL and gestational sac - advice please x

Melrichardson

Reaction score
Hi there

I am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant and yesterday morning I noticed some blood followed by a small amount of spotting. I called my midwife unit and they told me to come straight in and get checked out. I had an internal scan and they found a heartbeat but the CRL measured 4.3mm and the gestational sac had a mean of 7.9mm. They've booked me in for another scan in a week and despite there being a heartbeat they offered no reassurance that the pregnancy was probably OK and they just said that the size is much smaller than they would expect for 7weeks 1 day and we should check again in a week. They gave me a print off with the measurements and I've been frantically googling the sizes and can see that 4.3mm CRL would be a 6 week or less pregnancy and there really is no chance it's less than 7 weeks as I know when it happened. I've also now googled and realised the gestational sac is very very small. I've had no further bleeding, just brown spotting but I have no morning sickness, my boobs are no longer sore and I have no pregnancy symptoms. Has anyone experienced anything similar and have any idea whether my measurements are so small that there is probably something wrong or is there a chance it might all be fine. I have to wait 6 days for another scan and I'm going out of my mind a bit. This is my first pregnancy. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I didn't want to read and run, really sorry to hear about your worries.

I don't have any personal experience to go from, but from reading quite a few other people's posts on here, it is very difficult for them to see much on scans that early on. They will check for growth on the next one which will be a good indicator if it is progressing. Also, I have read quite a bit that they do grow at there own rates, and even when you know the exact date of conception, due dates are moved around based on the size of the baby, so hopefully that may give you some comfort.

I'm sure someone with a bit more experience will be along soon. Good luck for next week, I hope it's good news.

I had a scan last week after a bleed and they saw a sac and that was it and it was measuring 5-6 weeks I have another one in 10 days to see if it's progressing which is now on Wednesday so I will let you know how I get on but sometimes they are just slower growers. try not to worry too much I know it's hard tho x

I had something similar happen. I had a big bleed which lasted for 20 weeks and at 6 weeks the crl was smaller than expected. Had a private scan just 2 days later and it had somehow almost doubled in size. They said either the measurements were wrong before which can happen as its such a teeny thing to measure. Or they said sometimes they just catch up in size very quickly. Anyway that teeny little thing is now my almost 2 yr old daughter who was born perfectly healthy.

I hope the same happens for you, good luck chick.xxx

Thanks all for your comments. I'm really hoping that babybee is right and the measurements are just wrong. I'm wondering whether to have a private scan on Monday or whether to just wait until my next scan on Thursday. I guess it won't make any difference but might give some reassurance. Good luck nikkix, let me know how you get on. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back