Bleeding Qn - TMI sorry....

DeeLT

Reaction score
Hi there

This is a bit TMI so sorry in advance!

I've just been to the toilet (bowel movement) and noticed some very light red blood on the tissue. This has got me a bit worried as I'm not sure if it has come from the front or the back - sounds silly I know but I got myself in a bit of a state as I'm at work!

I had a 28 week growth scan yesterday and everything was as it should be, ie. placenta fine, LO fine etc etc. and LO has been moving all night and this morning so I think that things are ok on that front.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this? I wondered if I have piles rather than anything more sinister (plus I have been a bit constipated recently!) but I'm not sure what to do.... do I just see how it goes, given that it was a tiny tiny amount of blood and the scan yesterday was all good, or so I go off and see the doctor???

Any ideas?

Thanks x

If you've been constipated lately that could be what it is, a little tear, if it did come from the back.
If it was me though (i worry alot tho lol) i'd go and get checked, just to put your mind at rest, otherwise you'll be worrying about it. xx

I would guess if was because you were a bit constipated. But if you're going to worry all day, probably best to get it checked for your own peace of mind

I have had this twice - both times after I had a bowel movement but the bleeding was definitely from the front. It wasn't a lot of blood - just a bit pink. The first time I rang the hospital and was told to go in. They noticed blood in my urine sample and kept me in 24 hrs (policy apparently) but all was fine and they didn't find out where the blood had come from. The second time I just kept an eye on it at home as it wasn't much blood. I should have probably told them, but didn't want to go back in for 24 hrs and the bleeding was so little and stopped. The 'proper' advice is to tell them and let them decide, but I chose to monitor it myself.
In your caes if the blood is from the back it could be constipation related.
Good luck.xx

Get it checked hun but I had this when I was constipated. If you are unsure use a separate piece of tissue for the front and then the back only, this should give you an idea where it's coming from xxxxxxxx

I had something similar at 24 weeks and 30 weeks it only happens when I am constipated I think it just caused by a small tear I have also read that pregnancy can cause some women to develop skin tags both external and internal which can bleed (tmi) unless bleeding continues or you get cramping I wouldn't worry but if it does see your gp or ring midwife

Last edited:
Thanks girls... Like you say I think it could just be a little tear or something so I am going to see how it goes today and give the mw a call if it doen't get better.

Feeling better having read your responses so thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back