Bleeding at 7 weeks

mummytwo2

Reaction score
Last friday i started to bleed, i called my gp who sent me straight to the hospital, the bleeding had settled down and the doctor did an internal exam for which she could find no reason for the bleed but booked me in for a scan on monday. The scan showed the babies heartbeat and again no signs for the bleed. The day after i started to bleed again followed by brown discharge similar to the end of a period. I am so worried with my daughters pregnancy i had a big bleed but nothing continuous like this. I am clinging on to hope as still have all the pregnancy symptoms but cant help worrying, has anyone else been through similar?
Thank you in advance
Jo xx

The bleeding has been almost every afternoon for a week now.

Last edited:
Hey,

Have a look at tri 1. I haven't had experience of this myself, but a few of the girls are going through this now too.

Hope all ok x

hi I have been bleeding on and off my whole 14 weeks, some light pink and brown lasting days some bright red gushing over the floor and lasting a day or several days. baby his holding on and is fine with every scan. they cant find a reason for the bleeds only my last one all the rest unexplained. I know its scary tho but try to stay calm x

Aw thank you that makes me more hopeful. Today it seems to have calmed down a bit and feeling slightly better in myself, i did speak to the epau this morning who said to rest up and ring them Monday if still no better but i have an appointment with my midwife Monday morning so hopefully everything will hold off now.

I bled with bout my babies but my 1st pregnancy I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 8 weeks and my 2nd I bled at 6wks and ha a scan and he's now a nearly 11mth old walking baby! It's very scary at the time but try to keep positive!x

Thank you i am defo feeling more positive about things now, roll on our 12 week scan, counting down the days :) really appreciate your kind words xxx

Hi,
Very similar situation-I'm 7+3 preg. On Wed(7wks)had some discharge with streaks of blood in it. went to EPC+internal scan found hbeat. Bleeding did slow but I stupidly/unwittingly went for a walk on Thurs+same bloody discharge after. Rang EPC but as I had no pain Doc told me to stay put+rest.On Fri I had clumps,in loo after I had a pee,rang EPC+Nurse told me to come in ASAP+to make sure to have someone with me. I was devastated as I was convinced it was lost but hbeat was found! Today,I still hv light period like bleeding and there's somewhat of a 'flow' when I stand up or move about. Nurse told me to take it easy(not to lift heavy things etc) but she didnt recommend bed rest 'cos it could bring about different problems'. I have a 6mth old son,born naturally(forceps) but had to have placenta removed manually in theatre. During US on Wed Nurse found a cyst on one of my ovaries+one on the other-as if my last period hadn't cleared it up(can't remember name of it). I'm frantic with worry-any advice?xx

With seeing your babies heartbeat twice i would try and not worry hun, it has been 10 days that i have been bleeding and discharging but went to see the midwife today for our booking in and she says that once you have seen a heartbeat it dramatically decreases your chance of a miscarriage, which has put my mind at rest and just taking each day as it comes and now im feeling much better about things. Fingers crossed for us both xxx

Just thought i would update in case anyone else is going through what we're going through. I have been having discharge, what looks like the end of a period, now for over 2 weeks was called in for a second scan today (10 weeks) and they can find no cause! Everything looks healthy and saw our tiny little bundle wriggling all over with a very healthy heartbeat, so all the panic over something they say can just happen! Although they did state that with having a few bleeds early on i will now more than likely have bleeds later so been put under a consultant who will keep an eye on us as i also have a bicornate uterus. Felling very positive and letting myself get slightly excited!

Glad all is ok. I had the same thing last week and they can't explain the bleed. Heading back for scan tomorrow, hope to see a wriggling bean like you've got x

Aw good luck hun and i'm sure you will, be thinking of you as no matter what people say we still worry. Let me know how you get on xxx

Just thought id update a little more as i see a few more people have read this post, i have since had no more bleeds or discharge and other than the bleeds at the beginning my pregnancy has been a very healthy one, we are now expecting our little boy in 4 weeks, so just to put a little hope out there to anyone else who perhaps going through similar situation with bleeding early on, it doesnt always mean we are going to miscarry, although it is a worry and i must say i have fretted and had many a sleepless nights but feeling my little man wriggling around makes me feel so lucky!

It's so great to read an old thread with a positive outcome!! I had some pink spotting after straining on the loo a couple of days ago, nothing since but I'm still worried sick! Good luck with the birth of your son I hope labour goes smoothly :) xx

Aw thank you my labour was fab and i had a healthy baby boy, from all the bleeding i had i didnt think it would be such a brill outcome, i think we scare ourselves with googling but as i was told bleeding is still very common. xx

Aww how lovely :) !! I had a bad labour with my son so hoping this ones easier ;) ! Congratulations on the birth of your little boy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back