Bleeding at 15 weeks

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, Yesterday morning I had severe shooting pains in my tummy, I felt something wet and when I investigated I was bleeding. I went to hospital, they did an internal and took some scrapings, they found the babies heart beat almost immediately and the scan showed things as they should be - movement, heartbeat etc. I stayed in for observation but the bleeding stopped leaving a brownish discharge like at the end of a period. The Nurses and doctor explained that it could be just a 'blip' and things would be ok but they also said if I was going to miscarrry there was nothingI could do. I am having a scan in the week. I had pains last night still, but no bleeding and today I feel better.

People I have spoken to say that they have known women to bleed in pregnancy and still go through the pregnancy fine, some even bled every month after wards. I know I have not been eating as well as I should be.

I am just worried constantly now, scared of doing anything and worried that if I start getting excited again and planning stuff things will go wrong.

I just wondered if anyone else had or knew someone that had experienced this, or any advice.
I guess Im looking for reassurance really!!!!!

Thanks. Lulu

I know it is very scary. Since your scan was good i feel that you will be alright. Just do not strain yourself much. If you are home, then u can take rest. If you work try to take couple of days off or else if you have the facility of 'work from home' use that. Also if i were u i will avoid sex relation now. Be positive and relax. You will be alright. One more thing! Do not lift or carry anything heavy. You will be alright, dear!

I had very heavy bleeding and passed tissue at 11 1/2 weeks i went to hospital and when they scanned me bubs was fine i also had the brown bleeding for the next 2 weeks. I am still worried sick now and to make matters worse i'm having other problems at the mo like not being able to sit down or stand for long cos my insides feel like they will fall out so i'm spending most of my tim led down.

I have my scan tomorrow and hopefully it'll show everything is fine.

Good luck and let us know how your scan goes

Manda x

I am going for a scan today at 2.30pm, and then a check up on the ante-natal ward. so fingers crossed :?

The midwife said that the discharge I am having is expected.

Will keep you informed. Thanks for your replies

my sister has been in and out of hospital with bleeding, sometimes very heavy with clot, sometimes just discharge, the baby is strong and fine tho, the midwife says its just one of those things but not to worry as the baby looks fine

she is now 13 weeks and doing well

good luck with your scan
let us know
xx

Good luck with your scan lulu.

Make sure you get lots of rest and don't lift anything heavy, do any hoovering or anything like that.

Just take it easy and get everyone else to run round after you.

Take care.

xxx

Hi and thanks for your messages.

Well the Scan was fine, heartbeat strong and baby wriggling around, couldnt get measurements very well though because of babies position.

They checked all my notes and checked I had my 'Anti D' injection, (Im Rhd negative blood group).

They said as the bleeding has stopped they have no cause for concern but obviously if it happens again I have to contact them asap.

I am trying to rest, but my partner is one of theses people that I feel doesnt fully understand,I am not working at present and he works 7 days a week usually, he doesnt understand if he has been working and stuff still needs doing at home, plus I have alot of stuff to sort out as I have just moved in with him and still emptying my old house.

I will try my best though.

Thanks again and good luck to anyone else experiencing a worrying time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back