Bleeding at 10 weeks

Miasmum

Reaction score
I just went to the bathroom and there was pink blood when I wiped. Quite a lot of it. Not just a little.
I stupidly got my doppler right away and I can hear the babies heartbeat, but I know we aren't supposed to use those doppler for reassurance and now I am obviously worried.
I had a MC in July that started with pink blood and some light bleeding at week 7 with this pregnancy that was less than the bleed from this morning.
I just want to know if this is it! I can't stand the wait.

Bleeding doesn't have to mean the worst especially if you had dtd recently or had a bowel movement. but I would ring the epu to get scanned in case x it's good you can hear the hb especially after week 10 x wishing you the best x

There is a lady in my may mummies who's had a lot of bleeding but all is OK x

Last edited:
I would contact the EPU and get booked in for a scan, bleeding doesn't always mean bad news it might be coming from your cervix or another spot in your womb. FX all is ok. It's a great sign that you found the heartbeat . Xx

My epu said not to worry unless there is red blood. pink/brown spotting seems to be very common. Some even have red blood and are fine.
I agree with ladies, call the epu and get scanned, they may be able to give you a reason for it or could be sensitive cervix xx

Last edited:
Bleeding in pregnancy although common should never be considered normal, so def call the EPU for advice hun and they should arrange to book you in for a scan.

XX

Fingers crossed for you lovely, definitely get checked out. I've experienced both sides, i had a week of bleeding between 5-6 weeks with my son who's now 4 so obviously the bleeding didn't mean anything bad. I also had a miscarriage where the first sign of anything being wrong was bleeding at 8 weeks and I MC a couple of days later. The difference was that with my son the bleeding was more brown spotting at first, although it did turn red after a few days. With my MC it was red pretty much from the start. It's so worrying and nerve wracking. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Last edited:
:(
No more bleeding, which I guess is good news. I thought about going to the EPU, but decided to wait until our regular 12 weeks scan next Friday instead. I have already been to the EPU once during this pregnancy because of a bleed in week 7 and everything turned out fine. I felt like I wasted their time.
I have had lost of cramping, which I haven't had for about 2 weeks. I am too scared to try and find the heartbeat again in case it's not there.
I think I have given up and this baby is just not meant to be and I think we will find out either when the bleeding starts again or at our scan next week.

That's great news that no more bleeding hun I would take that as a good sign. I've been thinking about you xx

Great news about the bleeding. Positive thinking and everything crossed for you for next week!

Great news re no more bleeding - keeping fingers crossed for you xxx

I had bleeding at 10 wks and went to epu and all was fine. I'm still bleeding at 14 weeks. At my scan I mentioned the bleeding and he had a look. For me, it turns out that the placenta partially sits on my cervix. This can irritate the cervix and cause bleeding. I was told not to worry and that I could continue to work out too. He said that it usually moves up and then the bleeding will stop later in the 2nd trimester. I'm hoping that is the case.

One of my sisters had bleeding with 3 of her 5 because of the same thing I state above, and all stopped late in 2nd trimester. Another sister of mine had the same thing with one of hers.

Bleeding isn't always an issue, and I hope your scan shows that all is well and gives you some answers about the bleeding.

There's a lady on the Jan due thread who had quite a bit of bleeding, as I recall, in the first trimester! I think quite a bit and some of it red. It all turned out fine :)

Everything is fine. I really gave up and was sure we were going to get bad news at the scan. Thank you all for your great advice.

Excellent news! Glad to hear everything is okay. Bleeding is scary. Even though I know why I'm bleeding, it still worries me. I'm so hoping my placenta migrates by my 20wk scan and the bleeding stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back