Bleeding and refused scans for checks

Has anyone else experienced this and shoudl i do something about it?

I have seen my GP twice now as i have had on off light bleeding for the last week and a half although not bad tummy pains often, and my GP said there is no point sending me to an ultrasound till I am 9 weeks as they won't be able to see anything. Yet in my last m/c they did a scan at 6 weeks (was too late by then).

Can I request one? I am very worried because of my history but feel like I am being a pain. i see my GP most weeks because of other health issues so i feel like I am a resident and don't like to bother him :(

Hi Sami,

It's a load of bollocks. The problem is he has to refer you. I had the same scenario when I booked in to see my GP as soon as I found out. The receptionist basically told me not to bother coming in as he won't really do anything - the tests you do are what we do here.....yes I know women have children every second of every day but I'm sick of some of these people being blaze about the whole thing.

My thing is, if you have a problem - it IS your right to check it out.

And I know - years ago I had a termination and they sent me for an ultrasound no problem early on, and might I add that the radiologist didn't even know that it was for a termination.

Hang in the Sami and don't give up......can you book direct with the ultrasound people?

Sass

My local hospital requires you to be reffered by my doctor but I still have not yet chosen my birthing hospital (which will not be my most local - I have 3 nearby). Either way, I can't just walk in for one. Last night I ended up in A + E because I started cramping and it got steadily worse (only just got back). Saw a brilliant Gynea there and I have a scan booked in for tommorrow at 10:35am. It's jut a shame I had to go through this to get somewhere. They are now worried about eptopic and am on strong painkillers :( I'm trying not to take them though.

This pregnancy is gonna send me grey at 19!

I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was a white blob with a heart beat, so they'd definately see something!

So sorry you're having problems with your GP but it sounds like A&E have got you sorted now.
My GP was the same - it's taken me two weeks to get an appointment to see him about the pregnancy.
I had cramping too so went to A&E and they've been brilliant. I'm having a scan via them next Wednesday to make sure the pregnancy is not ectopic.
Thinking of you and hoping all is ok.
Lucyx

rosieroo said:
I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was a white blob with a heart beat, so they'd definately see something!

That's definately reassuring. I'm only tiny with not a lot of body fat in that area so I'm hoping they will be able to see a lot of my baby too.

I am really scared about the scan now though :cry: the closer it comes to it the more I'm panicking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back