Bleeding and panicking!!

schell

Reaction score
I am 5 weeks pregnant and last night noticed I had pink blood when I wiped (if I got in higher there was a bit more but nothing too bad) I''ve got slight cramps going on but nothing majorly painful. This morning there was not much but just been to the loo and there is slightly more and its a very dark red now. Its kind of like what you get when you are either starting or finishing a period. Is that just the tail end of a little bleed do you think or should I be worried? I'm worrying because I've got cramps at the same time I think but they are more a constant ache than anything else. I still feel nauseous as I did before and my stomach is very bloated which it was before but I suppose if anything bad was happening it would still be bloated!!

Can anybody offer any reassurance? I know it can be common but hard not to worry!!

I haven't even told my doctors yet btw that I'm pregnant. I only found out last Thursday!!

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Hey hun

Both of my pregnancies Ive had some dark browny red spotting. This one not so much, literally it was super brown on wiping but last pregnancy it lasted about a month on n off.

Alot of changes going on in there atm. If the pain gets bad Id phone EPU and let them know, they may not scan you at 5w but at least can get you booked in or do some bloods if need be.

xxxx

It's impossible to say sweetie, not all bleeding ends in a loss. All you can do for now is to monitor it. With my losses by the time the bleeding started tests had turned negative so you could test and take it from there xx good luck xx

Hi Schell

Keep an eye on it. If it's very light (only when wiping) then that's usually spotting. Which isn't uncommon... But if it gets heavier then I would get Checked. Also if you have more pain in one side get checked in case of an ectopic. The least they will do is check your blood levels over 2 days which should help give you some answers. Keeping fingers crossed for you x

Thanks everyone, its now changed to brighter red but no sign of any clots and still only when I wipe so its not any heavier. Feeling quite crampy but have just realised that my pants are really pressing on my tummy (they wouldn't usually!!) and wonder if that is why I feel crampy and sick. I'm contemplating just taking them off, lol :)

Ok, I took them off!! lol Feel much better not having something tight against my stomach but definitely still crampy. I'm assuming its just everything settling in (hoping) and keeping an eye to make sure it doesn't get any worse!! I think I had some bleeding with my first pregnancy but don't remember how much. Hope it'll sort itself out, I think its the cramps that are stressing me out more although I know I definitely had some cramping first time aswell. Can't remember how much though, seems like a million years ago!!

Hun Id deffo phone EPU at least so you know where you are at with it all.

They may book you in a bit later anyway, but atleast you can get some bloods and reassurance.

Its not nice worrying away there.

Hope your ok.

xxxx

Thanks chick, I'm going to see what happens today and I'm off work tomorrow anyway so if I'm still worried I'll go and see them and check it out xx

Sorry to hear this. Keep an eye on it and if in doubt call your Drs or epau. My epau won't scan until six weeks, but it it's different in each area. If they won't scan, they should at least test your hcg levels to ensure your pregnancy is progressing correctly. Try and stay positive xxx

Yeah, I think you should contact the EPU just for peace of mind. Hope it's just regular spotting for you though x

Thanks everyone. No worse so fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted xx

Hi Fairyprincess, thanks for asking :) So as I got to the evening the cramps started to dull a bit and bleeding slowed down. This morning no cramping and no spotting so fingers crossed everything was just settling in and nothing to worry about xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back