Bleeding and measuring a week behind

Syd43

Reaction score
Hi ladies. As some of you know, I got my first ever bfp almost two weeks ago. Two days ago I started bleeding, I would have been 5 weeks and 4 days by my calculations and lmp, can't be more than a day or two out as we last dtd almost 4 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I had ovulated by then. Was fairly bright red heavy spotting to start with and then went a kind of watery pink, has pretty much continued for the past 2 1/2 days. Only really spotting on the pad but seems quite a lot every time I wipe and in the toilet bowl (apologies, tmi).

My gynaecologist did a scan on the day the bleeding started and said the sac was very small, just measuring 5.9 mm which she said is equivalent to 4.5 weeks, I think it was empty, I couldn't see anything in it and was too shocked to ask about yolk etc. She did say on examination that the bleeding had stopped, although it started again a few hours later. My cervix was closed, I'm not getting any clots and only mild cramping and the odd sharp (but still mild) pain. However, I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms since the start, just slightly sore boobs, slightly increased appetite, slightly more tired the last couple of days. She more or less told me to prepare for the worse.

I got "1-2" on a digi the day of my bfp, "2-3" 5 days later and now, 8 days after that I'm still only showing "2-3".

I did have a large fibroid removed two months ago and am slightly clinging on to the hope that that might explain the bleeding, I've no real reason to think that though.

I feel a bit stupid even writing this post, I know that 5.5 weeks is really too early to do a scan and that there's nothing to do but wait it out at this stage. I've been googling almost constantly and there are as many happy ending stories out there as sad so this is a bit pointless but I just felt the need to say it all and see if anyone had any encouraging stories.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Oh hun it's a very worrying time! Dates at this time and sizes are massively different. There are early Implanters late implanters fast growers slow growers. So I wouldn't worry about what you've seen on the scan. If your cervix is closed that's a very good sign. Bleeding can be caused by so much. I bled throughout my son's pregnancy but I also bled with my mc's the most common bleeding I had was from my cervix itself it was irrated and everytime we "had fun" it caused bleeding. I wish you the best if luck x x I hope bean hangs in it there

Last edited:
Thank you Eryinera. Bleeding has increased this afternoon and I'm fairly sure my cervix is now open. I know I shouldn't have checked but I did. Pretty sure it's all over.

X

I'm so sorry Syd, I hope you're ok xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:I'm. Sorry hun. It's not a nice place to be. I hope your wrong. X X X

Oh no syd I'm so so sorry :( I know the heartache you're feeling at the moment. I know how much you wanted this! Sending you massive hugs xxxxxx

Oh Syd no. I'm so sorry darling - keeping everything crossed. Big hugs :hug: xxxxxxxx

I really hope it's nothing to worry about hun :hugs:

Thanks so much for the support ladies, it means a lot x

Oh Syd I've just seen this, sorry you are having such a tough time. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for you. It is possible that you had a multiple pregnancy and have lost one, that would account for the bleeding and the digi result dropping. Let us know how you get on xxx

Thanks Snowbee, only saw one sac on the scan though :( Digi has held the same instead of rising but the bleeding is ongoing.

How are you feeling? Other than over the moon :)

I know someone who only saw one at their 6 week scan and were super shocked at their 12 week scan when two babies were found. However, I've personally not had positive outcomes with bleeding and digis so I totally understand how you are feeling. I was devastated that I should have what we wanted so much dangled in front of us and then it snatched away. Hope you are ok.

I'm really excited but terrified, going to try to enjoy it as much as I can for as long as I can though as you never know what is coming next.

Thank you. I've got everything crossed for you, you so deserve this to go well.

Hi Syd, how is the bleeding today? Hope you are doing OK. I know it's a truly.horrible situation to be in. You are in my thoughts lovely xx

Hi Syd I just saw this thread. I hope everything is okay. Sorry to hear what you're going through! Don't give up hope. It still might be okay. :hugs:

Thanks papermoon.

Thanks loulou, still bleeding but really only on wiping, it's watery pink definitely not brown but no clotting. Still no symptoms other than slightly tender boobs and sharp pains around the right ovary. I just don't know what to think although deep down I'm not hopeful. Counting the hours til the scan on Wednesday.

Got everything crossed for you Syd. It's the not knowing that is absolute torture I find. Hope Wednesday comes around quickly for you. Will be keeping an eye out for your updates.

I'm OK thank you. I will be 15 weeks on Wednesday and my 12 weeks scan was all good. I just don't think I will ever relax this time, I'm mega anxious. Xxx

Oh Syd how horribly worrying :( did they do bloods to test your hcg levels or just going by scans? Everything crossed for you that it's just baby causing mischief already x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back