Bleeding and early scan

Saintkels

Reaction score
I have been bleeding for 4 days, so got referred to the EPU yesterday for a scan. I measured at only 5 and a half weeks, but they found 3 pregnancy sacks.
Only one of the sacks had a yolk, but no foetal pole yet. I need to go back for another scan next Friday.
Has anyone else had similar?

I haven't had this myself but sending you lots of hugs x

Hey honey didn't want to read and run - does that mean they think you conceived triplets? How far along does CB say you are, like how many weeks should you be looking like? :hug: xx

Hey they aren't sure at the moment as 2 of the sacs are empty, I thought I was 7 weeks but they are saying 5 and a half

Hey they aren't sure at the moment as 2 of the sacs are empty, I thought I was 7 weeks but they are saying 5 and a half

Okay well that's not a huge disparity so could just be that you conceived 10 days later than you thought?

What's the next step? Sending you hugs.

Thanks
I have another scan next Friday to see what is happening

Hi Saintkels. Sending positivity your way and I hope that your appointment on Friday shows a healthy baby.

I was just about to create a thread as I have noticed red blood each time I wiped today. I rang the midwife and she said not to worry unless it soaked a pad. If you don't mind me asking, was your bleeding quite heavy? Or was it the length of time that worried them? It's really terrifying, I feel for you and hope we both get a positive outcome.

Hugs xx

Hope you both get some good news and that you see a healthy baby on Friday SaintKels xx

Thank you all.
The bleeding is only when I wipe, they also said the same to me about soaking through pads, which I haven't done thankfully.
Have they referred you for a scan?

Isn't bleeding common with multiples?

Good luck! You never know, you may end up with twins or triplets!

I've heard it is common with multiples, I'll just have to wait and see

No Saintkels, no referral as only started today. DH wants me to phone and change my midwife appt to Tuesday so it's earlier. Although if it's still going on on Monday I'll make the emergency appt to get a referral as midwife said if it got worse.
Are you still getting strong BFPs? I'm testing with FMU tomorrow.
If multiples turned out to be the reason, I'd be over the moon but at the moment just pregnant and healthy is all I need to hear!

I hope you both get good news soon. Thinking of you. I have had spotting in pregnancy so I know how stressful it can be.

Sorry saintkels to post again, let me know if you would prefer me ro post another thread.
Just got a BFN on a frer with FMU. I'm thinking don't bother calling them? Slightly more blood when I wiped,

Not at all! Negative test with first morning wee. Went to the drs and they won't scan as too early. Bleeding slightly heavier today. Think this is it unfortunately.

Oh no, please keep your hopes up.
Go to a and e they might refer you to the early pregnancy unit x

Not at all! Negative test with first morning wee. Went to the drs and they won't scan as too early. Bleeding slightly heavier today. Think this is it unfortunately.

So sorry to hear things are not looking good. Hugs

Thank you. Didnt bother retesting or going for further appointments as I ended up bleeding like a usual period bleed and all of my symptoms went. Thanks though ladies. X

Saintkels how are you doing?

Sorry to hear that :(
I have my next scan tomorrow, I stopped bleeding for 3 days but it has started up again today with a few clots :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back