Bleeding (again)

LucyBee

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting girls but I need some advice please.
I started spotting (brown) on Sunday so had an emergency ultrasound on Monday am as they thought pregnancy might be ectopic.
Pregnancy is in the right place and I saw the baby's heart beating but it's now Wednesday night and I'm still bleeding.
Blood is dark brown but getting lighter. I am on my second panty-liner today.
Sorry, this is slightly grim but I could really do with hearing from anyone who has been in the same position.
Does this mean I'm miscarrying?
I called my doctor but he said that if I'm going to miscarry then I'm going to miscarry which didn't seem very helpful.
I need some girl power!
Lucyx

Hi Lucy

As you know I've just been through the same thing so know exactly how you're feeling. Do you still feel pregnant (breasts sore, sickness etc?) and do you have any cramping?

I was told my bleeding was delayed from when the implantation took place at 6 weeks so maybe that's what yours is?

Big hug
Louise

Hi Louise,
Yes, I still have sore boobs but no sickness but haven't had any sickness at all so far so no change there.
I can only hope mine is implantation but it seems to be getting redder now.
I'm trying to stay calm and will probably go to bed soon, have a sleep and see how things are in the morning.
I'm so glad your bleeding has stopped and that you're feeling well after such a stressful few days.
Here's hoping that this bleeding will stop soon.
Lucyx

Girl power coming your way.... we're all beaming it in your direction :)

Get some rest and look after yourself

+++

You are not alone. I had the same thing this morning. This morning I had a dark reddish brown discharge. I went to work, and called my Dr. Throughout the day it has gotten lighter, but its still brown. It's not like a period or anything, its only when I wipe. The Dr. office told me, this early in my pregnancy anything can happen, they told me to get off my feet. And if I started bleeding alot or cramping then go to the emergency room. I'm scared, I hope I am not having a miscarriage.

Hiya

Try not to freak out too much. Lots of women do have bleeding in the earlier part of their pregnancy. It is always a tense time when you see some bleeding, but rest assured that much of the time it resolves itself.

Fingers crossed for you all

Kieren

Thanks all for reassurance.
I am seeing the EPU at 9.45am tomorrow so we'll see what they say.
Lucyx

Good luck for tomorrow babe - if it's any consulation my doctor has been just as helpful so far...i think it's because i'm younger than your average mum (22) all i can say is at least it's not men who have the kids or the world would be in deep deep trouble

take care and let us know how you get on
xx

Thanks everyone for your posts.
I'm bleeding quite heavily now so am waiting for Mum to get here and will then head to A&E again I guess. EPU said to go to A&E if I started having period-like bleeding which I have now along with bad period pain. I am already thinking that I am miscarrying. All the signs are there. Just trying to keep calm and stop crying!
Lucy x

Hi Lucy

You poor love - I'm thinking of you. Let us know what happens.

Louise
xxx

Hi Louise,
Just back from A&E.
My cervix is still closed but only a scan will confirm if I am miscarrying or not so I am due to go to the Early Preg Unit at 9.45am tomorrow.
I'm sort of preparing myself for the worst now and trying to get my head around it.
I'll post again when I'm back from EPU tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your post.
Lucy x

Hello

Been waiting to hear from you! Try and get some sleep (easier said than done I know - been there). The only comort I can give is that my cervix was closed too even though I was bleeding, the baby was fine and the bleeding finally stopped today (well occassional spot not included) so let's hope it's the same for you.

Good luck tomorrow
Louise x

Thank you so much for your message Louise.
I'm not joking - I'm overwhelmed by how great you girls are.
As soon as I got back from the hosp, I came straight on here because I knew there would be help and support.
It makes such a huge difference to know that you're not alone and I really appreciate your message!
I'll keep you updated and will post when I get back from the EPU tomorrow.
Lucy x

i hope everything is ok. i had a scare friday night as well but nothing since though i still have weird feelings and a back ache. is it normal to feel like i can feel my ovaries like if i was coming up to a period??? so scary and confusing

My doctor told me that some women bleed through their entire 9 months and have a perfectly healthy baby at the end of it.
Saying that, any bleeding should be checked out with your doctor or midwife.
I think it's normal to have some aches and pains. It could just be your uterus expanding/ligaments stretching to make way for your baby.
If you're still worried, go and see your doctor and hopefully he will reassure you.
Good luck.
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back