Bleeding after sex

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by rubyraven, Jan 6, 2012.

1. rubyraven

rubyraven Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,
    Just wanted to tell you about the experience I had last week incase any of you also have the same experience and feel the total panic that I felt!
    After having sex with my husband last Wednesday night I noticed there was some bright red blood. I wasn't bleeding for long just the one flash and then nothing more. In a complete panic I phoned NHS24 and they advised me that as I wasn't still bleeding at this point (about an hour later) that it was probably just irritation of my cervix that had caused the blood to show and just to keep an eye on the situation over night and the next day.
    I haven't bled again since and had my booking in appointment with the midwife on Wednesday just past and when I told her about this she said this was quite common due to the increased blood flow to the cervix in the first trimester and the movement during sex must have irritated the surface.
    I know its a bit of a yucky topic but I just wanted to post this in the hope that it might set some other ladies minds at rest in the future, I had the most horrendous 24 hours following this and I hope this might offer you a bit of reassurance if the same thing happens to you xx

2. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info hun. I bet you were worried but glad everything is OK,

XX

3. rubyraven

rubyraven Well-Known Member

I was terrified Emily, so glad it's turned out to be ok and was very reassured by the midwife not batting an eyelid and telling me this is quite common xx

4. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Must have been such a relief for u to find that everything was ok!! Glad all is well :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

5. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that, I would have been exactly the same! but am so pleased you've posted that incase I experience it too, much appreciated.

Glad all us ok xx

6. pregpixie76

pregpixie76 Well-Known Member

i've experienced this often before preg and some spotting once after sex while preg.i knew it wasnt anything to worry about cause i have a delicate lining.if its not something u are used to tho i guess it would send u into a panic.
    good idea to do a post about it to let others know its pretty common.

7. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

i think quite a few ladies have experienced this and it pu the wind up them a bit, so glad all turned out ok x

8. x__Chloe

x__Chloe Active Member

Thankyou for posting this :)

I had sex with my OH for the first time since my bfp and I was so scared. Knicker checking all night after to see if there was blood - I'm glad the midwife said it was all normal!

9. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

Thankyou!! I'm also knicker checking during the night, I just can't settle :(

10. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

im constantly knicker watching, just habit now x

11. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

Bumped for Lynds77

xxxxx