Bleeding after Internal scan

KeelyT90

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

I had an internal scan this morning. Ive just gone to the loo now and there was a streak of red blood on the tissue.

Should I ring EPU back or is this normal?

Thanks x

Its quite likely its just from the scan. Your cervix is more sensitive and bleeds more easily when you are pregnant. You could ring if you are worried though. Were you getting the scan for a particular reason?

When I had my internal scan during Mr
First pregnancy I was told to expect a little bleeding. I wouldn't worry but if you experience pain or heavier bleeding give them a call

When I had my internal scan during Mr
First pregnancy I was told to expect a little bleeding. I wouldn't worry but if you experience pain or heavier bleeding give them a call
Thanks, I have just rang, they put me through to a triage nurse, she said it isn't uncommon to have a light bleed and cramps for a day or 2 afterwards. If it lasts any longer than a couple of days though, I am to call back again.

Tri 1 is so bloody nerve wracking lol xx

Its quite likely its just from the scan. Your cervix is more sensitive and bleeds more easily when you are pregnant. You could ring if you are worried though. Were you getting the scan for a particular reason?
Yes, I had some pain & discomfort on my lower left, feels like theres a stone in my ovary sort of area..... Everything appeared 'normal' on the scan though so they put it down to ligament stretching.

xx

I hate internal scans... Last time it was funny though bwcause at 20 week scan baby wasn't behaving so they put the internal one intolerant belly button...it was just strange. Tri 2 is best. Tri-1 is nerve wracking and tri-
3 is nerve wracking for totally different reasons

I'm having a section two weeks tomorrow! So... eek! I'm also sure my baby has put a bowling ball between my legs lol

Because it'smy second baby she keeps going up and down and because I'm having a section i would actually prefer her not to be lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back