Bleeding after Birth

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by twinkle90, Mar 8, 2016.

1. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

When did you stop bleeding? My daughter will be a week old on Thursday and my bleeding has almost stopped. I haven't had that much today at all. Also I really need to get to the doctors because I have awful piles. So painful xx

2. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

I stopped around 2 weeks, and the last 2/3 days of that was really just spotting.

Don't know if you're breastfeeding, but supposedly breastfeeding makes you lose the blood quicker because it causes the uterus to contract whilst you feed, so you tend to stop bleeding sooner.

3. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

I'm bottle feeding. Just seems to have stopped a lot. It may start up again soon. X

4. ShowingPromise

ShowingPromise Well-Known Member

It was 4 weeks for it to stop completely but was very light for the last two weeks. Everyone is different, I think it's only a problem if it carries on for ages x

5. Yess

Yess Well-Known Member

I was 10 weeks with a full heavy bleed every day.. Just keep an eye on it. Look out especially for clots. I only bled that long because I had retained placenta.

6. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

I had the same question! Bleeding is lighter and I wonder if it is stopping. Really want to ditch the massive pads but worried if I switch to panty liners it might start again heavy and catch me unawares! Twins are 12 days old, I had a C Section and am mostly breastfeeding.

7. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Blueflowrt keep on bf I had a c section and had to top up with formula which was a nightmare to stop.my baby 7months in a few days and I still bf but 1 bottle of formula.
    my bleeding stopped in a week I think last couple of days was spotting then every now and then just after I would spot. Breast feeding does make the uturs contract. I kept thinking they had left a baby in there Andy body was trying to push it out haha. It was so painful felt like labour all over again x

8. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

After my 1st birth heavy bleeding only lasted a week. It stopped all together at about 2 weeks and 2 days. After my second birth heavy bleeding only lasted just over a week but the spotting/light bleeding kept stopping and starting for weeks after.

#8 BunnyN, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017