Bleeding after Birth

twinkle90

Reaction score
When did you stop bleeding? My daughter will be a week old on Thursday and my bleeding has almost stopped. I haven't had that much today at all. Also I really need to get to the doctors because I have awful piles. So painful xx

I stopped around 2 weeks, and the last 2/3 days of that was really just spotting.

Don't know if you're breastfeeding, but supposedly breastfeeding makes you lose the blood quicker because it causes the uterus to contract whilst you feed, so you tend to stop bleeding sooner.

I'm bottle feeding. Just seems to have stopped a lot. It may start up again soon. X

It was 4 weeks for it to stop completely but was very light for the last two weeks. Everyone is different, I think it's only a problem if it carries on for ages x

I was 10 weeks with a full heavy bleed every day.. Just keep an eye on it. Look out especially for clots. I only bled that long because I had retained placenta.

I had the same question! Bleeding is lighter and I wonder if it is stopping. Really want to ditch the massive pads but worried if I switch to panty liners it might start again heavy and catch me unawares! Twins are 12 days old, I had a C Section and am mostly breastfeeding.

Blueflowrt keep on bf I had a c section and had to top up with formula which was a nightmare to stop.my baby 7months in a few days and I still bf but 1 bottle of formula.
my bleeding stopped in a week I think last couple of days was spotting then every now and then just after I would spot. Breast feeding does make the uturs contract. I kept thinking they had left a baby in there Andy body was trying to push it out haha. It was so painful felt like labour all over again x

After my 1st birth heavy bleeding only lasted a week. It stopped all together at about 2 weeks and 2 days. After my second birth heavy bleeding only lasted just over a week but the spotting/light bleeding kept stopping and starting for weeks after.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back