Bleeding after birth

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Lulabell, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

It seems like it stops but then it goes heavy again. I gave birth on the 20th (8 days ago). Just is very stop start bleeding. Is this normal? Also, stitches still really hurt but was told they would be better by day 10 which is only2 days away.

2. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

It was stop start for me for 12 days and that's when it stopped. I was very lucky it finished so quickly. As for stitches try a tiny drop of tea tree oil on your pad to aid healing x

3. Mrs CW

Mrs CW Well-Known Member

My bleeding was stop start too for about 2 weeks. I would definitely get your stitches checked if your worried. My episiotomy stitches were agony - I couldn't even sit down, I was told it was part of the healing but mine ended up bursting after 8 days. I hope it's not the case for you and the pain eases soon x

4. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

My stiches still hurt too, and im still bleeding :( its shit but hopefully its normal x

5. gingerxmas

gingerxmas Well-Known Member

I bled for 4 weeks, and my stiches occasionally still hurt... they aren't all out yet.

6. teal

teal Well-Known Member

My bleeding lasted about 8 weeks. I had an episiotomy & third degree tear so it took a long time before I felt ok xx

#6 teal, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  7. smokey08

smokey08 Well-Known Member

I had the stop start bleeding too for 3 weeks.
    My stiches had disolved by day 10 but the area where they were was sore for ages.
    All sounds normal hun. Xx

8. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

I'm on day 10 and my bleeding seems to have come to a halt. It's done this before though, then gets heavier all of a sudden. My stitches don't hurt anymore but that's probably down to the antibiotics I've been given for them

9. NinjaKitty

NinjaKitty Well-Known Member

Jonah was 6 weeks yesterday. I only properly stopped bleeding a couple of days ago. It's be on/off for about 2 weeks though.