Bleeding after birth

Lulabell

Reaction score
It seems like it stops but then it goes heavy again. I gave birth on the 20th (8 days ago). Just is very stop start bleeding. Is this normal? Also, stitches still really hurt but was told they would be better by day 10 which is only2 days away.

It was stop start for me for 12 days and that's when it stopped. I was very lucky it finished so quickly. As for stitches try a tiny drop of tea tree oil on your pad to aid healing x

My bleeding was stop start too for about 2 weeks. I would definitely get your stitches checked if your worried. My episiotomy stitches were agony - I couldn't even sit down, I was told it was part of the healing but mine ended up bursting after 8 days. I hope it's not the case for you and the pain eases soon x

My stiches still hurt too, and im still bleeding :( its shit but hopefully its normal x

I bled for 4 weeks, and my stiches occasionally still hurt... they aren't all out yet.

My bleeding lasted about 8 weeks. I had an episiotomy & third degree tear so it took a long time before I felt ok xx

Last edited:
I had the stop start bleeding too for 3 weeks.
My stiches had disolved by day 10 but the area where they were was sore for ages.
All sounds normal hun. Xx

I'm on day 10 and my bleeding seems to have come to a halt. It's done this before though, then gets heavier all of a sudden. My stitches don't hurt anymore but that's probably down to the antibiotics I've been given for them

Jonah was 6 weeks yesterday. I only properly stopped bleeding a couple of days ago. It's be on/off for about 2 weeks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back