blankets, duvets or sleeping bag?

Kayelle

Reaction score
Which is best? What do I or don't I need? What has everyone else got?

You dont need a duvet hun as babies are too young for a duvet. Alot of people say not to use sleeping bags but i put mine in them after checking with hv at 3 months. Up till then i just swaddled in blankets xx

I've got a few blankets for swaddling and for getting on the sofa with me :)
I have sleeping bags for when he's going to bed at night x

Ok Kool, why do the say not sleeping bags then? And the lady I bought the cot from gave us a duvet cover so wondered :-s guess blankets is easier anyway lol

I think they say not til after they are 1 for a duvet!

I used blankets for swaddling and then sleeping bag from 3 months and she loves it! x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I'm going with sleeping bag. But also got some blankets :)

I plan to get the sleeping bag as they seem to be a good idea. Will probably have a couple of blankets as well.

Midwife has advised me no duvet, sleeping bag after 3 months, up until then layers of thin blankets placed under baby's arms so they don't ride up and tucked in loosely down the side of the moses basket. My sister-in-law is a midwife assistant (does the 5 day checks and helps with breastfeeding) and she has advised the same. I had no idea until I was told!! xxx

I knew that your not supposed to use a duvet until 1 but i use blankets for during the day and sleeping/grow bags for bedtime.

I have about 6 but have a main one to use by baby k - myleen klass as it has arms.

Xx

Glad you asked this Kayelle because I was wondering the same thing! :D xxx

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol I feel silly, I only thought about the duvet cos I was given one and cot sets come with them!

I asked my mum what you put a baby to sleep in and she looked at me really strangely and said 'a babygrow of course!'. I laughed and said I knew that but what did you put over the top and she had to admit 31 years ago she put me to sleep on my front and covered me with a duvet!!! That is when I knew I needed to investigate further...

I used blankets first and then grow bags. Duvets are not recommended for small babies and grow bags aren't recommended until they're at least a few weeks old, as babies may be too small and slip inside them x x

Yeah I was worried about the size of the sleeping bags, looks like they could get lost in there at 3 months lol
Well this has been interesting, blankets it is! Granny gotta get knitting lol

I've got a sleeping bag, a thin linen one for the summer and loads of different blankets cos they've all been donated xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back