Bitterly Infertile

Ivie Eff

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just found out after 5 years of trying that I'm no longer entitled to IVF treatment.

Infertility is one of the most isolating health problems anyone could ever have. We've got our own little community which still needs further support and are often faced with statements like 'well, it's not life threatening is it?' or 'it could be worse.' I'm going to have to be honest here and say I blame myself for my own condition, even though I'm always told not to- years ago in my more fertile years, I was pretty much deadset against motherhood seeing everyone else had problems passed onto their kids which I could never wish on a lil'un. I'm also a tomboy who would rather wear oversized Darth Vader T-shirts rather than floral print if I ever did get lucky in the baby bump department.

Anyway after crying bucketloads to a counsellor, I've set up my own informal blog about infertility, plus a wee insight on IVF. This is written from a pretty brash point of view but infertility hits us in so many different ways and we all are diverse. This is how I am dealing with my condition because I find it difficult to talk to my loved ones on how I currently feel as reproductive as a block of concrete. I can't share the weblink here due to regulations that associate weblinks with tinned meat. If you want to read about a bittersweet journey I can be found on google under infertilefreak on jimdo.

Here's wishing you all lots of strength and plenty of calming beverage of your choice (because lets face it, herbal teas aren't for everyone)

Sorry to hear that. We arent entitled because of my weight. You would think that would spur me on but right now im stuck having lost 11 pounds in 2 months and just cant stop being bad.

We had all the tests and everything works. Just cant get pregnant again after our miscarriage. Its rubbish isnt it

Me and my husband don't qualify as he has children already, I've been off this forum for months and it's just occurred to me today that my depression and general unhappiness with life is all stemming back to this, I thought I'd dealt with it, obviously I have not!

That's horrible, I'm so sorry. We've started looking into IVF as well, potentially abroad as here in the US it's upwards of $20,000 (with "guaranteed" live birth, such a business!) which the average family does not have lying around! It's a gamble, but other countries are quickly catching up to be able to provide the same service, from what I read. Still costs money of course, but it's an alternative.

That's no consolation, of course. This just isn't fair.

I am sorry to know your story, and I fully agreed with emcayo. From what a few friends of mine and me experienced IVF in Europe is much more affordable. I paid EUR2,500 for IVF with meds at top clinic in Gdansk, Poland. They have excellent success rates, amazing service and really cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back