Bitten by a bat.

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Tiny Sue, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Bet you never knew the risks we teachers have to run. There is a colony of Leisler's bats in the school where I work and this morning there was one flying around the classroom. I have handled them before and thought their jaw muscles too weak to penetrate the skin with a bite. I was wrong. Tried to evict my little flying rodent and got bitten.

The result? A week's worth of Ampicillin and a month of rabies shots. I howled on my husband's shoulder for ages earlier, convinced that I'd killed our baby...but I haven't, apparently the rabies vaccine is a dead vaccine and won't harm either me or baby...and in the circumstances it was safer for me to get the vaccine...

It's been a long, long day. Hope the little guy inside is sleeping, because I will be soon.

Night guys.

Stay away from bats...

Sue

2. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

I will stay away from bats!!!! You poor thing I take it everything will be ok? My friend he got bite by a squirral if that is any comfort!! he is ok now, took a while for the swelling to go! You be careful, get someone else to deal with those crazy bats!

Sending by thoughts (Not via bats!)

3. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Hey Bob...all here is well.

I haven't had any adverse side effects from my first shot, and baby seems to be fine. Making me darn hungry, these days...just ate dinner and still starving.

Apart from a strange urge, to sleep upside down, things seem ok....

just kidding....

Sue

4. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

lol! You poor thing!

I'm can only eat little and often yesterday we went out for my hubbys birthday and a 3 course meal, and that was it I was sorted for the rest of the day! too full *rubs tummy*