Biting!

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Just wondering do your LO's bite you?

C has six teeth now, he has started biting me and it really hurts. Obviously he doesn't mean to and he hasn't got a clue what he is doing so much so that he laughs when I jump and say ouch! I have tried not to react and he still does it....

Xx

Keira may have put my fingers in her mouth once or twice but luckily this is as far as its got but if i knew she was gonna do it itd be a firm no and if she did it a firm no and a tap on the hand. I know people wont agree with it x

Jack used to nip me when he was teething. He was trying to bite on my tshirt or trousers but sometimes caught my skin. It bloody hurts doesn't it!! He only did it when he was having teething troubles so we never told him off or anything and he's grown out of it. We did get used to when he was going to do it and put our hand in the way and gently pushed his head away which helped a bit x

O has started biting in the last few weeks, im quite strict with her tbh. although its not malicious she thinks its funny when we say ouch.
so we sit her down away from us and with no toys (just for a minute or less), Then i ask her to say sorry and sign it at her to. obviously im not expecting her to sign or say it back yet but id like her to learn that its not a behaviour we accept.

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I get nipped and bitten! My LO has two teeth so he's still just exploring but its bloody sore lol. I'm a battered mother, I get hit with hands and toys too sometimes lol xxxxx

B is biting everyone at the moment but i think its because he's teething again.

I dont use time out or anything similar, nor I tap her hand, or shout ouch, no etc (nth wrong with people that do that just totally not my thing)
I distract and redirect.
For example if she bites me I show her a teething toy and once she gets interest in it I say yeah good job we bite that not mummy in a pleasant voice.
Same with hitting, I say oh you want to play pat pat and we go to the pat mat or the table or a toy here we pat pat that not mummy then I show her how to stroke mummy on her cheek.
No idea if that will work so don't quote me on that lol
Sometimes it takes some time out time for me lol to calm down the wild instinctual feelings like anger caused by the pain.

T bites me too, he also pulls my hair hard. If he does it I say no in a firm low tone voice. If he doesn't stop then I put him down on the floor or stop playing with him for a moment.

Buuut, it makes no difference, he still does it :wall2: ha ha ha ha.

Cheeky little wotsits eh?
Xxxx

Biting hasn't stopped yet but she nips me all the time!! Gets a teeny bit of skin and it really hurts! She laughs at me when I say no so I put her on the floor away from me for a minute everytime she does it. Little monkeys aren't they.

My lo bites me lots lol. SHe did bite me when feeding her but she actually learnt not pretty quickly when I took her off and said no. I didn't think it would work but it did.. Especially when she would just smile or laugh at me. I've not tried it when she bites anywhere else as it doesn't bother me- though she only has 2 teeth ATM. Xx

T bites me too, he also pulls my hair hard. If he does it I say no in a firm low tone voice. If he doesn't stop then I put him down on the floor or stop playing with him for a moment.

Buuut, it makes no difference, he still does it :wall2: ha ha ha ha.

Cheeky little wotsits eh?
Xxxx

I do the same... He thinks its a game. He loves pulling hair, poking and pulling my face xx

Lots of nice ideas, I have started saying and signing gently.... C is teething at the moment. Cannot believe how much it hurts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back