Bit worried - TMI

CarlyD

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice really...

2 days ago I went to see my midwife. Urine from that morning was clear but I was having horrible cramps and felt sick so she sent me down to the hosp to get monitored.

There they took another urine sample and said I had a UTI but told me to go back the next day (yesterday) for the antibiotics. So I picked them up yesterday but planned to start them tomorrow after I've seen a doctor, because selfishly i didn't want to start before I had the medication for thrush as it was SO uncomfortable last time :(

Which brings me to this evening.. Done a bit of walking in town, scrubbed the carpet for an hour (2 puppies) jumped in the shower and peed (I know, ew lol) but looked down and it was all dark pink.

Is this just normal for a 2 day old UTI and will the labour ward tell me off for not taking the antibiotics and tell me to start taking them (in which case I'll save myself the embarrassment of having to explain myself and just start on my own) or could this be more serious? Don't wanna go down to the hosp at midnight just to have them confirm yes you still have a UTI, yes this is the effect of it, start taking your antibiotics and go away.

Should I be worried? X

You need to take the antibiotics!!!! Utis can cause pre term labour they did with me and my oldest was born at 36 weeks and quite poorly the blood means you have quite a bad infection and you will be really poorly if it gets into your kidneys I don't want to scare you but if you've been prescribed them you must take them and I hope you feel better soon xxx

I'd maybe give the hospital a ring and see what they say hun. That's what they're there for. xx

Id get a dose of the antibiotics in ASAP, but also phone the hospital just incase.

Usually if we get someone in the care home i work in prescribed antibiotics, they are given a double dose to start, but im not sure if thats safe in pregnancy. xxx

Thank you, will start them tonight!! Hopefully it'll clear up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back