Bit worried about this afternoon!

Leah04x

Reaction score
Me & Ethan are off to our first baby group this afternoon! I've put it off so long as I'm quite shy and would be way out of my comfort zone. But it's not fair on Ethan, so I've gotta man up and drag myself there! :lol:

My second worry is that Ethan is such a 'lad' and is so bloody boisterous! I've got visions of him hi fiving the babies in the face, hair pulling etc - cringeee! I'll be so embarrassed lol so I'm hoping he's gonna be on his best behaviour.

Don't know why a 21 year old woman should be worried about walking into a group of mummies I don't know with babies, but I am! Lol. Such a bloody wimp!

Xx

I feel for you, it's something I am dreading too when I eventually have to start doing it!

However, I'm sure when you get in there, it will be absolutely fine and both you and Ethan will settle in nicely. You never know, you might make some really good friends!

Try and have a good time :) xx

I felt soooo akward the first time i went to group. Cam spent the majority of the time asleep, woke up for the last 15 minutes and screamed. Then on our second visit he threw up everywhere, all over the toys!! What a great first impression eh? But everyone was lovely and we meet up outside group now.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun and make some good friends. And if your little chap isn't on his best behaviour I'm sure everyone will understand, they are all mummies too after all!

XX

We started baby groups straight away, I'm now thinking if cutting back when we finally get out of hospital as Charlie will be so far behind every time I go will be like a kick in the tummy :( he was just slightly behind but he's like a new born again with his head and tummy time :(

I've never been to one with any of my kids and have no intention to either, it's really not my thing. I don't mind taking then to soft play where I can sit in peace and read a paper while they play but I have no urge to mingle with strange mothers myself x

I've never been to one with any of my kids and have no intention to either, it's really not my thing. I don't mind taking then to soft play where I can sit in peace and read a paper while they play but I have no urge to mingle with strange mothers myself x

I feel the same. I went to a few cause my friends with kids go. But is a waste of money and W just sits and looks at me like I'm stupid x

Well last time I saw my HV she was making me feel like I was depriving Ethan by not going to groups! Like he would be lacking in social skills etc etc.
I went today to the one she recommended and no-one turned up! Lol. There were the two ladies there from 'action for children', me and Ethan. I waited 10/15 mins to see if anyone else would turn up, but they didn't so we went haha. Apparently it's a newly set up group with not many members yet. Don't think I'll bother again!

Xx

I don't think mine have been deprived and they certainly don't lack social skills, that's bollocks IMO xx

Snap, never have and probably never will

I don't go to baby groups either - I'm sure they're great (I have a friend who has always gone with her LO) - but it's just not for me.

We started baby groups straight away, I'm now thinking if cutting back when we finally get out of hospital as Charlie will be so far behind every time I go will be like a kick in the tummy :( he was just slightly behind but he's like a new born again with his head and tummy time :(

Do mums stare at Charlie? Do you tell them he has DS?

I used to go to a group and I never told them, but found that they stared a lot - back then there wasn't much difference between him and other babies.

I stopped going because he was sick all the time and I was fed up of the yummy mummies oggling us!

then last week out of the blue I decided to go to a new club, but we went to the 0-6 month class as that suited his development better as he isn't sitting unaided yet. It wasn't long till someone asked how old he was and I decided to tell them that he has DS so that people wouldn't stare. The response "Yeah ... but he's gorgeous" She was lucky she didn't get punched in the face!

Don't know whether I will go back

Sorry for hijacking thread!

I don't go to any new groups, just groups I started early and said right from the outset about the downs so don't have any problems,
I am dreading going to new things as and when, he gets older
Started swimming a few weeks ago, nobody has said anything yet and everyone seems chilled enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back