Bit Scared..

Jessika

Reaction score
I know - all i ever seem to do is moan!! :lol:

I have had a headache now for nearly two weeks, was getting a bit worried as can't shift with paracetamol or codiene (or the two mixed) and i'm not allowed anything stronger. I spoke with my midwife yeasterday and she said to make an appt with my GP asap (today at 4) just to check for protien in my urine (nice) as this may be the early stages of pre-clampsia. She said it is unlikely as i am so early on but it is possible. What i need to know i suppose is what exactly is it? Tried looking on teh net but just need a straight forward answer..can any of you lovely ladies help please??

Hi Jess

I wouldnt worry to much, i had this when i was around 14 weeks

As soon as i hit teh 2nd tri i got a headache that lasted a couple of weeks and it seemed to get worse.
I took tablets and like you, it didnt make it go away.

Im the end i used cold flannels/towels on my head and neck, i also brought new pillows for my bed.

since then i havent had a single head ache (touch wood)

Headaches are normal in pregnancy, but hopfuly your doc will put your mind at rest later

xx

thanks hun - just always think the worst, it is hard to keep up sometimes!

Do you know what preeclampsia actually does? I know the symptoms tec but not what i actually does, sorry if it's a morbid question, but i really have no idea

to be honest i dont kow much about it myself, i know its high blood pressure but im not sure what damamge it can do if left.

I was extremely worried about my headache too, even more so when it wouldnt go away, the girls here explained about teh cold water thing to me and it worked a treat.

hope it goes for you soon
xx

will go and give that ago as soon as i can leave the office :(

thanks xxx

make sure you put it on the back/base of your neck too, that really helped me alot

Just to let you all know - went to the docs and she did all sorts of tests invluding me weeing into a pot :oops: she then said i had tension headaches, they would probably last a couple more weeks and not to take anything for them because that would prolong the pain...

So nothing actually wrong then - which is good!

oh the joys..

Hi Jess,
gald everhing is ok,

Tension headaches are the worst! i suffer with them alot, very painful :(

Did you try the cold water on your head and neck?

if you put an ice pack on the back of your neck and your temple areas, it might ease the tension for you

Hi Layla,

Did try the cold flannel (well towel!) thing last night and did ease a bit, think i mught try and get some lavender oil today to drop in a warm bath as apparently this is another reliever?? Maybe worth a try n e way...

thanks for all your help, hope things are going ok for you too x

I've just found this information on a website which suggests headache remedies whilst pregnant.

Peppermint oil contains a mild, local anaesthetic and several studies have shown that it is one of the most effective headache busters. Several studies, including one published in 1995 in the journal Phytomedicine, have found that a mix of peppermint and eucalyptus oils was the most effective remedy for headaches. Try mixing 5–7 drops of peppermint, with 1 drop of eucalyptus in a base of 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Rub a bit of this on your temples, neck or wherever the pain is.
Many headaches begin with muscle tension around the jaw and neck. This can be caused by stress or by just sitting in one position at a desk all day. Tense muscles restrict blood flow to the head, which can result in head pain. To lessen tension in body and mind consider a regular massage (Shiatsu is idea for headaches) or a programme of yoga as practised in many Active Birth classes. When you are at the office, give your muscles a break by getting up regularly, taking a few slow, deep breaths and having a good stretch.
Headaches are more likely on hot days when the extra weight and blood you are carrying makes you feel sticky and tired. Drink plenty of fluids and make sure the room you’re in is well ventilated.
Pregnancy can exaggerate adverse reactions to some foods. If you are able to link your headaches to a type of food, leave it out of your diet.
Consider these homeopathic remedies: Gelsemium 6C – for band-like pain over the eyes made worse by heat and movement.
Phosphorous 6C – for head pain brought on by atmospheric changes or shock, and made better from rest and food.
Nux vomica 6C – for headaches which occur first thing in the morning but get better as the day wears on.

Hiya Jessika

I suffer from awful headaches aswell. i invested in 4 head which is really good but the other day my headache was that bad it didnt do a thing, so I had a warm bath just before I got into bed and it seemed to do the trick as my headache dissappeared by the morning.

thanks for the info tankett and leannie - looks like i will be going oil mad today! All for a good cause though, my head is still killing me :cry:

Try koole 'n' soothe pads they're ace!

Hi Jessika

I am not sure but i did not think that you could use lavender oil when you are pregnant. is there a warning on the bottle. i know there was an oil that i had when pregnant before and i think that that is the oil that i could not use. any other ladies help with this.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back