Bishops score

katie_lou

Reaction score
Hi girlies ,

I am currently 40+8 and I have been booked in for an induction on 24th jan. I had a sweep done on Thursday which hasn't really done anything, I have noticed on my hand held notes the midwife has wrote 'bishop score -3'. Does anyone know if this is a good score or bad. I have never heard of a bishops score before and when I mentioned it to my mum she looked at meas if I have gone bad. I have had a look on google and it states a bishops score is a points system used To determine how Sucessful your induction will be. A confused.com .

Xxx

Oh no... Never heard of that either - would e interested to find out more! And how can they work it out?? X

Oh no... Never heard of that either - would e interested to find out more! And how can they work it out?? X

The MW never even mentioned it at my appointment she just wrote it in my notes. Am going google crazy trying to find out some info and from what I have found a think 3 is a bad score.

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/173.html

Xx

It's horrible when the midwife doesn't explain things, cos then you get home, look through your notes, jump on google and worry (that's what I do anyway). If only they would tke the time to talk things through at the appointment it would save us all a lot of extra worry. If you want to discuss it with the midwife, maybe give he a call, it might not be as bad as you are thinking - it might help if she explains it to you? Good luck. Xxx

Am trying not to worry myself as online there is so many different sites giving out different information and you never know which is the right info.

A bishops score of -3 means that at the moment your cervix wouldn't be favourable enough to break your waters or start induction. Don't worry yourself my lovely, it is only a score we use as midwives to inform other people on our profession of whether or not you are likely to go into labour. At the moment your score means that baby is quite happy in the home you have made for it - but I promise your bishops score will change! Lots of bouncing on balls and staying mobile will bring your babies head down into the pelvis and put pressure on your cervix to dilate and become more favourable :) I hope this helps. Xx

A bishops score of -3 means that at the moment your cervix wouldn't be favourable enough to break your waters or start induction. Don't worry yourself my lovely, it is only a score we use as midwives to inform other people on our profession of whether or not you are likely to go into labour. At the moment your score means that baby is quite happy in the home you have made for it - but I promise your bishops score will change! Lots of bouncing on balls and staying mobile will bring your babies head down into the pelvis and put pressure on your cervix to dilate and become more favourable :) I hope this helps. Xx

Thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back