Birthing ball exercises

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by ruby2015, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ruby2015

ruby2015 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good website to use? I don't think I'm getting the best out of my gym ball- I'm not specifically trying to get myself to go into labour (not for a couple of weeks anyway!) but would like to be doing more to strengthen myself etc.
    Thanks ladies :)

2. mollythemama

mollythemama Well-Known Member

Hey Ruby :)

I can't recommend a website, but at yoga there's this particular stretch we do that I always feel like it's doing a good job. If you have both knees on the floor kneeling (legs fairly wide apart) and your bum up in the air (like a cat) and then rest your arms on the ball and move the ball (by controlling it with your hips) in the shape of a figure of 8. I don't know if I explained that very well?? But that's a good one to open up your pelvis and to get it active.

Also, whilst in that position, just by pushing the ball further away, you can really feel a stretch on your upper tummy by your ribs, sort of below tie boobs. That can only be good for your muscles in preparation for labour.

I hope that made sense!

3. mollythemama

mollythemama Well-Known Member

*Your boobs. Not tie!

4. ruby2015

Thanks so so much- really helpful! Will give these a try as not really sure what I'm doing at the moment LOL! Wish I'd signed up for yoga- I always meant to and didn't get round to it. Thanks again for the advice :)

5. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

6. ruby2015

Thanks both! I have just been having a go- v helpful :) hope I'm not doing it too late to make a difference but better late than never I guess! xxx