Birthing ball exercises

ruby2015

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good website to use? I don't think I'm getting the best out of my gym ball- I'm not specifically trying to get myself to go into labour (not for a couple of weeks anyway!) but would like to be doing more to strengthen myself etc.
Thanks ladies :)

Hey Ruby :)

I can't recommend a website, but at yoga there's this particular stretch we do that I always feel like it's doing a good job. If you have both knees on the floor kneeling (legs fairly wide apart) and your bum up in the air (like a cat) and then rest your arms on the ball and move the ball (by controlling it with your hips) in the shape of a figure of 8. I don't know if I explained that very well?? But that's a good one to open up your pelvis and to get it active.

Also, whilst in that position, just by pushing the ball further away, you can really feel a stretch on your upper tummy by your ribs, sort of below tie boobs. That can only be good for your muscles in preparation for labour.

I hope that made sense!

Thanks so so much- really helpful! Will give these a try as not really sure what I'm doing at the moment LOL! Wish I'd signed up for yoga- I always meant to and didn't get round to it. Thanks again for the advice :)

Thanks both! I have just been having a go- v helpful :) hope I'm not doing it too late to make a difference but better late than never I guess! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back