Birth story/Finally a chance to update you all!/Welcome, baby Ariah!

freezy

Reaction score
So, those of you who followed my pregnancy (even when I wasn't very active here) know I was induced on the 15th of January. Those of you who didn't follow, know now, lol. When I came in, I was 1cm & 50% effaced. So, I had a bit to go. they first tried a cervical ripening agent at ~7:30am, they checked me two hours later and I had only dilated 1cm (so was at a 2 now) and had only effaced 10% further (so 60% now), and therefore decided to start me on pitocin.
It took quite a while for the pitocin to really kick in, they had to keep increasing it because I was hardly progressing. Finally, my contractions were getting regular, and a bit painful. After a while, they got even worse, so I jumped in the tub for a bit, which helped quite a bit! I sat in the tub for a while and then went to lay on the bed again to see if I could get any rest. After about an hour, the contractions literally didn't stop. one would happen, and as it was easing out, another would come. That was agonizing. I cried because I was literally in constant pain. They had to turn down the pitocin, which evened my contractions out again, thankfully! I pushed through the contractions a bit longer, but I knew I needed sleep in order to get through the rest, so I got an epidural.
They had to try three times to get the epidural in, because my left hip kept tilting forward. It hurt so bad every time they tried, ugh. I hate remembering it! but, when they finally successfully got it in, it was amazing. I couldn't feel any pain, and I could sleep. :) After that, things slowed down a little bit (go figure!) so they had to kick up the pitocin again. Finally I got to a 6, and 80%! after that, contractions got strong enough they hurt through the epidural. After a while (about an hour and a half later), they came in to break my waters, but right when they were about to do that, they broke themselves! Haha, it was like a huge river coming out of me. I really didn't expect that much liquid! they checked me again; still 6cm, but was 100% effaced! I was happy about that, because that meant when I finally got to 10cm I could push. Now I just had to get to 10! :D They gave me an extra dose on the epidural so I could sleep again for a bit.
I woke up 2 hours later to painful contractions. They came in to check me again, and I was at a 9. I was totally shocked I'd progressed that much. They let me progress for another ~hour, and when they checked me again, I was finally a 10! ready to push. :) :dance:
I pushed for ~2 and a half hours! It only felt like half an hour, though. And Ariah Destiny was born at 2:34am, on January 17th, weighing 6lbs, 14oz, and was 19.88in! I only had a minor tear. :) She's beautiful, a total sweetheart, and I'm totally in love! <3 I was in labor a whopping ~43 hours.

Attachments

• 10932165_1046139092079785_1031209725_n.jpg
    10932165_1046139092079785_1031209725_n.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 116_0625edit2.jpg
    116_0625edit2.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Well done you.

I had an epic first labour so I know how tough it is.

She is a beauty and I love her name

X

Congratulations she is beautiful!! X

What a beautiful little girl, congratulations Freezy! xxx

Beautiful, gorgeous baby! Congratulations she is perfection! I love her headband too - where did you get it (I hope you don't mind my asking!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back